How can i get 1Password to open in Chrome only even if Edge is the default browser

Options

Hello - I'm on a windows 10 computer and Edge is my default browser. Ever since my computer upgraded me to Windows 10 my 1Password doesn't autofill so that has taken a primary feature of 1Password out of play for me. I recently added the Chrome browser via the 1Password app and click on the 1Password icon in Chrome to open my 1Password app and it open fine but when I click on a URL for a saved website in my 1Password it automatically opens it in Edge and it doesn't autofill in Edge. How can I get 1Password open URLs in Chrome only even if Edge is the default browser. Please help me. Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can i get 1Password to open in Chrome only even if Edge is the default browser

Comments

• Hi @fdascenzo,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

1Password will always try to use the default browser on the system. To make Chrome the default browser, please follow the steps outlined in the Google Chrome knowledge base.

In 1Password 4 you have another option. You can set the browser 1Password is supposed to open links in via File > Preferences > General > Double-click.

Please let us know if this solved your problem, or if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

• fdascenzo
    fdascenzo
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Alex -

Thanks for the help. You solved part of my problem and I can now get 1Password to open a URL in Chrome but I'm still not able to get it to autofill in either Chrome or Edge. There must be something simple that I've been missing because prior to the Windows 10 thing automatically loading on my computer the autofill feature worked fine. I've tried everything I know of but haven't been able to get that to work. I have a feeling when you tell me what I've been missing I'll knock myself in the head. Thanks again.

• Hi @fdascenzo,

1Password does not support Edge just yet, we're working with Microsoft to get the APIs we need in Edge and hopefully, we'll have more news to share on this very soon.

As for Chrome, did you install the 1Password extension for Chrome? If not, open this page in Chrome: http://www.agilebits.com/browsers/index.html

Follow the instructions there to install the extension and after it is done, restart Chrome and see if 1Password does what you want now.

By the way, you can use the shortcuts like Control + \ to ask 1Password to fill directly or Control + Alt + \ to bring up 1Password's mini to find the item you want to use like a Credit Card or Identity item to fill.

This discussion has been closed.