Purging items in 1Password still visible in 1Password 6 but not in 1Password 4 Win

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited December 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm having a discrepancy in the number of items displayed. Searching in 1Password 4 would show none but in 1Password 6, it would still show the deleted items.

1Password Version: 4.6.617, 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

As if the items were never deleted and trashed permanently.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Since the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app doesn't support writing or syncing changes automatically with a local vault you're able to access, I think that's probably the source of the discrepancy. Did you sync that vault in 1Password 6 after making those changes in 1Password 4?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Since the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app doesn't support writing or syncing changes automatically with a local vault you're able to access, I think that's probably the source of the discrepancy. Did you sync that vault in 1Password 6 after making those changes in 1Password 4?

Yes, I did sync my vault in 1Password 6 after making changes in 1Password 4 numerous times. I thought the manual sync now (Dropbox) in 1Password 6 would be adequate. So for It hasn't done much that is visible.

Items in vault (iOS) - 287
    Items in vault (Win) - 387. Must reconfirm.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Are you seeing the deleted items in the Trash in 1Password 6 then? If there are 100 of them, that would account for the discrepancy.

• MikeT
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

1Password 6 doesn't remove deleted and trash-emptied items (tombstones) from the local database after a sync. We skip importing newer tombstones but we don't remove existing tombstones in the local database yet. This is coming in a future update when we have full support for local vaults.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Are you seeing the deleted items in the Trash in 1Password 6 then? If there are 100 of them, that would account for the discrepancy.

1Password 6 reports the Primary vault (Dropbox) : All items : 367, Trash : 482

@MikeT, Thanks for the explanation. Merry Christmas to all at Agilebits.

Maybe I should try the Mac version to see if the numbers can be reduced?

• Hi @wkleem,

Please do take a look but the macOS version of 1Password should be matching the iOS's item count since it does remove the items from the local database once sync'ed, the issue is internal to the 1Password 6 for Windows version only. It is not going to reduce the item count no matter how many items you deleted and emptied the trash.

If you must fix it now, what you can do is remove the vault from 1Password 6 and re-add it.

Happy Holidays from all of us at AgileBits.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT. As you noted, on the Mac, 1Password shows the logins equal in number to 1Password for iOS v6.5.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Thank you for confirming this! :) Have you tried to remove and re-add the vault from 1Password 6, as Mike suggested? Does it help?

Happy Holidays!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't yet done the second option.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Please let us know, if it doesn't work. Thanks! :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I will do that. Merry Christmas!! I have other issues unrelated to 1Password. My Eset/Malwarebytes combo which previously worked well may have issues.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Merry Christmas to you too! Hopefully it isn't anything too troublesome. ;)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

I have gone to the Mac version of 1Password and optimised the Primary Vault, which shows 10% of the records have been optimised. Is there an equivalent inside Windows? I can only see that the vault has been repaired or is healthy.

Still haven't link/unlinked from Windows yet.

• Hi @wkleem,

Do you mean the database optimization from the Help > Tools menu? No, there's nothing like that in the Windows apps. The only thing you can do is remove and reopen the vault in 1Password 6. 1Password 4 doesn't use a database structure, so there's nothing to optimize with.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Do you mean the database optimization from the Help > Tools menu? No, there's nothing like that in the Windows apps. The only thing you can do is remove and reopen the vault in 1Password 6. 1Password 4 doesn't use a database structure, so there's nothing to optimize with.

That's what I meant @MikeT. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Does it mean that if I log out of the vault ( Dropbox) and I will have to do it for all my devices? I can see some data that appears unassociated with any vault be it MAC or Windows.

• Hi @wkleem,

Does it mean that if I log out of the vault ( Dropbox) and I will have to do it for all my devices?

Only on Windows PCs with 1Password 6, no other 1Password apps have this limitation.

In addition, do not log out of Dropbox account, just remove the vault via Settings > Accounts & Vaults > Dropbox - Local vault submenu > Remove and re-add it in the Dropbox > Open Vault submenu.

I can see some data that appears unassociated with any vault be it MAC or Windows.

I'm not sure I understand now, you said the item count matches between macOS, iOS and 1Password 4 for Windows.

Can you clarify more? Is Dropbox syncing changes in all 1Password apps properly?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT,

I don't understand it either. I'll have to double check the login count again.

• MikeT
    edited December 2016
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

I'd start with the first question, if you create a new item, does it get picked up on all 1Password apps with the Dropbox vault? It is possible one of the apps is no longer syncing and that can put the item count out of sync.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Thanks @MikeT,

I will need some time to test things out as the New Year is approaching and the PC and Macs are situated some distance away from each other. Wifi connectivity can be a problem with the Mac.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sounds like a project! Good luck, and have a happy new year! :chuffed:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

i have an issue with 1Password 6 Dropbox vault stating 0 (zero). I removed and added back the vault so the vault should be OK but the there isn't an indication of the syncing. I've brought up the issue previously. 1Password 4 shows the vault fully.

Because of the vault discrepancy issue, I can't copy any more items into Teams.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

@MikeT,

I'm not sure I understand now, you said the item count matches between macOS, iOS and 1Password 4 for Windows.
    Can you clarify more? Is Dropbox syncing changes in all 1Password apps properly?

I have found the discrepancy as I copied to multiple Teams vaults and lost track of the item count.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Can you clarify more? Is Dropbox syncing changes in all 1Password apps properly? I have found the discrepancy as I copied to multiple Teams vaults and lost track of the items.

@wkleem: The new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app supports local vaults (like those sync'd with Dropbox) only as read-only, and changes elsewhere will not sync automatically. Is that maybe where you're running into trouble? You'll need to select Settings > Accounts & Vaults > (vault) > Sync.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Possibly, I will keep that in mind. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sure thing! :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.