Login works on Web and Android app, but password fails on Windows Version 6

Options
amswitzer
amswitzer
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am attempting to return to 1Password and am using the version 6 for Windows. My passwords works fine on the web app and on the Android app, but fails on the Windows app. I had a previous version of this software installed and am wondering how I can test to ensure it is not trying to use my previous ID when I logon through Windows. Since I cannot login to the Windows app, I am unable to give you the exact version number, but I downloaded it today from your website if that helps.

NOTE: 1Password6 is not prompting me for my user ID at all! Why not?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I am experiencing the same issue. I have just emailed my log to you and await your response.

I have received an acknowledgement from your system with ticket number VM-42765-685

• Hi @amswitzer,

Thanks for writing in.

Unlike other platforms, we do have two separate versions of 1Password on Windows at the moment that we will reduce to one in the near future. To quickly find the version, search for the Control Panel via the Start menu, select Programs > Uninstall a program. You should see the precise version number listed next to 1Password.

If it is 1Password 4, uninstall it. You can install 1Password 6 from here: https://1Password.com/downloads/

If it is 1Password 6 only, try this to get back into your account:

1. Close 1Password if it is running by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in the notification area to select "Exit"
    2. Open Windows File Explorer and enter the following in the address bar: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password
    3. Rename "data" folder to "backup-data"
    4. Open 1Password and proceed to signing into your 1Password account.

Let me know if this helps.

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks very much! Problem resolved.

(Now if only there was a really simple way to move data from Lastpass to 1Password - the Perl app and script just won't run on my laptop.)

• Hi @amswitzer,

We're working on that, we're just starting to add native import support to 1Password.com web app, starting with Dashlane and hope to add more soon.

For now, we can help you with the Perl issue at the moment, can you clarify the steps you took and what the output was?

/cc @MrC.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@amswitzer ,

Do you want some more assistance? Can you tell me more about "script just won't run on my laptop" - it should be able to run on just about any system.

• amswitzer
    amswitzer
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT @MrC

I'm up and running! Everything worked this time. I believe that the last time that I tried to do the import, I missed one step - doh!

Thanks to both of you for your assistance!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@amswitzer,

That's great news! Enjoy 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:love:

This discussion has been closed.