How to Remove Sync Errors

Options

How do I remove sync errors?

Maybe, I should be asking how to sync my iPhone with my PC, but I seem to have done it because I have all the logins on my PC now on my phone. However, on my PC I see two Sync Errors I can not clear and two passwords in my Trash that also persist in staying put. I guess I should try to run Sync again but have no way of doing so. It might be worth noting the I can not find Sync listed in Settings on my iPhone.

Could someone shed some light on the subject of syncing devices and sync errors?

-Anthony

PS: I am new to 1Password.

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2.9
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sync error

Comments

• Hi Anthony,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to the 1Password family!

There are a couple of potential causes for sync errors that show up either as offline items or pending changes in 1Password 6.
    We're close to releasing a new version that fixes a number of issues responsible for this.

I'd still like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC so we can be sure what is going on:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Cheers,

Alex

• apcolor
    apcolor
    Community Member
    Options

GOOD NEWS: I fixed the problem of Sync Errors myself!!! It was not difficult at all.

This is how I solved the problem:

1. Went to my iPhone,
    2. Opened 1Password,
    3. Touched Categories.
    4. Noticed that the number of items on my iPhone Trash did not match the number on my Windows PC (4 vs 2)
    5. Touched a Password
    6. Touched Edit on the upper right of my screen
    7. Scrolled to the bottom of my screen to find "Delete Password"
    8. Accepted Delete
    9. Repeated deletion of all remaining Passwords

When I went back to my PC all the passwords were gone and the Sync errors went away! That was it!

In other words, I manually got the two devices in sync.

By the way, I think 1Password is a GREAT product. I wish I started using it years ago!

-Anthony

• apcolor
    apcolor
    Community Member
    Options

Alex,
    Thank you for offering to help me. It takes a little time to understand the workings of 1Passord, but it very well worth the effort.
    -Anthony

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear you've sorted it out! :+1:

However, please be careful while deleting your passwords, we don't want you to lose any info. If sync errors appear again, please send us a diagnostics report, as Alex advised above. We will take a closer look at the roots of the issue.

Your kind words mean a lot to us, thank you! We are working for you, so please contact us anytime if you have any questions about 1Password. :chuffed:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.