Can I tell 1Password not to ask about saving passwords for a domain?

Options

I have a site where I use one-time-passwords, and it is annoying to have to dismiss the pop-up about saving the password every time I log in. Is there a way to tell 1Password to remember that the answer is "no" for that site?

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @CloseAtHand,

Thank you for using 1Password and contacting us! I will do my best to help you in this situation.

I agree that it must be annoying. Luckily, we have an exception list for Autosave especially for cases like yours. Here is how it looks like in Settings > Browsers:

Please try to add your website there and check if it helps. 1Password should not offer to save a new items for domains in this list.

Thank you in advance!

++
    Greg

• CloseAtHand
    CloseAtHand
    Community Member
    Options

I guess I didn't tag this as a question, so I cannot mark the answer as accepted, but that worked. Thanks!

It seems to only work for top level domains, so I could tell it not to remember example.com, but when I tried foo.example.com it did not seem to work. Although it is possible that the actual problem is that the username/OTP POST is into foo.example.com and that redirects into bar.example.com

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@CloseAtHand: You are very welcome! :+1:

Have you tried adding bar.example.com to the exception list? Does it work? Please let us know, so we could investigate. I will also clarify this behaviour with the developers and get back to you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• CloseAtHand
    CloseAtHand
    Community Member
    Options

Having experimented some more I definitely do not think the redirect matters. When it prompts about saving the domain it asks if you want to save this example.com password, and that's what it expects in the exception list. It works for me.

• Hi @CloseAtHand,

At the moment, the subdomains, wildcard in domains and IP addresses are not supported in the exclusion list. We will try to improve this in a future update.

This discussion has been closed.