How to View/Add attachments Windows (1Password 6) and in Android app.

Options
fedeb000
fedeb000
Community Member
edited January 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi how i can add attachment (image jpg) for example a Credit card category?
I could add attachment in the category Documents, but in the Windows App 1Password 6 i canit see the image and in the Android App also i can't see the category "Documents".

How this work?

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@fedeb000: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It isn't possible to add attachments in the mobile app, or the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app, which has read-only support for local vaults currently. If you're using a 1Password.com Account, you can use 1Password 6 on your PC to add files as Documents; or if you're using a local vault with a standalone license, you can use 1Password 4 on your PC to add attachments. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• fedeb000
    fedeb000
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty yes i have 1Password.com Account , i add Documents Attachment, but i coulnd see withpto dowloading in the Windows App, Android app i can't see at all the item. But in the Web app i can see the Document attached without downloading.
    I know i can't add Attachment from mobile app, but i can see the Attachment if i attached it in Windows app?

• Hi @fedeb000,

i add Documents Attachment, but i coulnd see withpto dowloading in the Windows App

No 1Password apps can display attachments without downloading them first, it is not possible. There is no decrypted data stored on our 1Password.com servers, so you must download the encrypted data and then it'll let you view or save to local drive. 1Password 6 for Windows does not yet have an internal viewer to let you view an attachment inline without saving it first, it is something we'd like to add in the future.

As for the web app, since it is already running from the servers, it is quick to download it to your cache and decrypt it for you locally only.

but i can see the Attachment if i attached it in Windows app?

Yes, once you add the document, it'll be available on the web app and other 1Password apps that support attachments.

Hi how i can add attachment (image jpg) for example a Credit card category?

If you are referring to custom icons, 1Password 6 for Windows does not yet support it. Both Rich and Custom Icons are coming in a future update.

• fedeb000
    fedeb000
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT thanks and one question more:
    "it'll be available on the web app and other 1Password apps that support attachments."
    Android app support attachments ?? i can't see it.

• mike31416
    mike31416
    Community Member
    Options

Will there be Windows support for adding attachments to items as it is done for the Mac OS version? If so when?

Thanks,
    Mike

• Hi guys,

@fedeb000,

Android app support attachments ?? i can't see it.

No, it does not yet. It is coming in a future update.

@mike31416,

Will there be Windows support for adding attachments to items as it is done for the Mac OS version? If so when?

1Password 6 already supports adding attachments to Document items on Windows. I assume you mean to add Documents to other items, as in Related Items that macOS version of 1Password has and if yes, we have plans to add it in the near future but no ETA yet.

• mike31416
    mike31416
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike, yes to add documents to other items like macOS version does.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@mike31416: Indeed, we're working toward making the new Windows app consistent with 1Password for Mac, both features and interface, and we'll be adding things like this to the mobile apps as well. It's going to take some time to get everything, but we'll be adding things like Related Items sooner rather than later, since it's part of the overall Documents feature. Thanks for letting us know this is something you're looking forward to! :)

This discussion has been closed.