1Password 4 for Windows forgetting passwords

Options

I saved at least 1 new password over the past few days (that I can 100% recall; I certainly hope it's not more than that) but the last password listed is from 4 days ago. I checked the backups, and none of them contain info created past the 17th (& I know I created a new password on the 20th).

The fact that the Chrome extension had apparently crashed and needed to be restarted may have been a factor, but I saved the password after the exntension confirmation screen (and modified the entry in 1Password directly afterward).

PS: I accidentally opened one of the archived vaults as a separate vault, and now I can't figure out how to delete the second one.

PPS: The forum site has crashed on me three times so far while writing this post, and has been taking abnormally long to load.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @Cthulhu_Calamari,

Thanks for writing in.

You said you saved a new password, do you mean a Password Item or a Login item? If the Password item, am I correct in assuming you were using 1Password's Password generator via 1Password Helper (the app that handles the UI/data for 1Password extensions)?

The fact that the Chrome extension had apparently crashed and needed to be restarted may have been a factor, but I saved the password after the exntension confirmation screen (and modified the entry in 1Password directly afterward).

If the item was available for you to edit, that mean the file for it already existed in your database prior to your modification and the backup would've been created on that day.

Are you syncing your 1Password data? If yes, is it with Dropbox or a different service/tool?

PS: I accidentally opened one of the archived vaults as a separate vault, and now I can't figure out how to delete the second one.

In 1Password 4, if you go to the File Menu > Reopen 1Password vault, it will tell you the path of the second vault. You can then use Windows File Explorer to delete that vault. After that, ask 1Password to open that vault and it'll notice it doesn't exist anymore and remove it off the list.

PPS: The forum site has crashed on me three times so far while writing this post, and has been taking abnormally long to load.

Which browser are you using? We haven't seen any issues nor have anyone report this to us.

• Cthulhu_Calamari
    Cthulhu_Calamari
    Community Member
    Options
    • It was an entire entry into 1Password, which was entered via the auto-save function, and then edited within the vault itself. I'm not syncing the data, except my phone (about once a month) to a computer. I don't use the Dropbox functionality. The issue seems to have resolved itself, but it is still disconcerting that it happened at all.
    • Yeah, I ended up doing that anyway, prior to the response, and it worked out fine.
    • I'm using the current version of Chrome, and my system has 16GB of RAM, so it should be stable (and none of the other open tabs had this issue).
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cthulhu_Calamari: That's good to hear. It sounds like you'd saved the new login to the other vault you'd selected by accident. I'm glad that you were able to access it again, but we're here for you if you run into any other issues. :)

• Cthulhu_Calamari
    Cthulhu_Calamari
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, no. The second vault was only created accidentally when I was loading archived versions of the one and only vault I use _after _ I noticed this issue. As far as I can tell, the potential for this problem to continue persists.

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @Cthulhu_Calamari,

I'm sorry, can you clarify about the issue being resolved, it just magically came back out of nowhere to the original vault?

We have not seen this specific type of issue before and we haven't released a new update recently as we've been working on 1Password 6 at the moment, so it is less likely it'd be a new bug.

Would it be possible to ask if you could email us your diagnostics report, so we can try to see what it could be? Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.