Newly purchased Win Client works fine on only one of my two laptops

Options

Ok, so after entering 36 items in December, I decided I liked the web interface (trial) product, so I waited 30 days and purchased 1Password for Windows. Installed and fired up the Windows client on Win10 Lap1, and everything worked fine (after asking me for a lot of specific security information). Installed and fired up the Windows client on Win10 Lap2, and it only gave me a lock password icon (no security challenges, other than my master password). Now on Win10 Lap2, I get a pristine virgin version of the product - Win10 Lap2 wouldn't find and import/sync my 36 items like Win10 Lap1 did, so it's not "finding" my current data like Win10 Lap1 did.

Ok, so under Help I see 'Enter License Key'. That's got to be it - except no licence key in my email :-(

The License Key was about the only thing that Win10 Lap1 didn't request of me?!!?!?!?? Chrome Extension works fine on both laptops, and 1Password Android client works fine on my Samsung. I do have an email receipt, though. Suggestions?

1Password Version: v4.6.1.617
Extension Version: latest Chrome 1Password Extension
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@soleilnu: It sounds like you're just using the trial then. After 30 days you'll need to enter a valid license to remove the restrictions. I don't see any licenses in our system under this email address, so if you're still having trouble with that be sure to shoot us an email with your receipt at support+licenses@agilebits.com so we can help you get that sorted out. If you'll post the Support ID you receive here, I'll take a look right away.

Are you maybe using 1Password on another platform, and purchased only that version? For example, if you bought it through the Mac App Store, we won't have a record of it and you won't have a Windows license, as Apple isn't too interested in offering PC software. ;)

You may want to consider a 1Password subscription, since it will give you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data:

1Password.com

Either way, we'll get you up and running. :)

• soleilnu
    soleilnu
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

@brenty: Thank you for your prompt response. Most of what you mention is covered in my original post, as follows:

1. I've also seen notices from your website which indicate that AgileBits is somehow unfamiliar with my email address. I can't explain that, of course - that would be on your end. As you can see from the screenshot invoice, my email address should indeed be attached to my purchased subscription of 23 Jan 17 in your database.
    2. My subscription was purchased generically (that is, neither Apple nor Microsoft) from the AgileBits website.
    3. Along with the screenshot of my invoice here, you should find in your Inbox my forwarded invoice receipt, sent to support+licenses@agilebits.com as per your request.

Best regards.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@soleilnu: Please don't post invoices here, as this is a public forum. To be clear, you won't have a license if you purchased a 1Password.com subscription; you can download the apps from your account and just login to your account. Anyway, I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. I'll get back to you shortly! :)

ref: WEH-11838-933

This discussion has been closed.