Move login out of Trash

Options

On Windows 10, how do I restore an item (that was accidentally deleted) from the trash in 1Password 6?

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 6.2.333d
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1password for Families

Comments

• MikeT
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @dbarbee,

Thanks for writing in.

We do apologize but for the moment, you have to use the 1Password.com web app to restore an item from the Trash and 1Password 6 will then pick it up. We will implement this ability to restore items from Trash in a future update to 1Password 6.

• dbarbee
    dbarbee
    Community Member
    Options

I saw 1Password 6 was available, got excited and signed up for the Families subscription! It's not as polished as I was expecting. Is it still in Beta?

• jeffc
    jeffc
    Community Member
    Options

Last summer, when 1Password 6 first came out, it was quite, um, "raw". I tried it and logged like 6 bugs right off the bat, two or three of them showstoppers for me.

Since then, I looked again a few months ago, and I made the jump. Is at as polished as the Mac app? No, the Mac app is an absolute piece of art. But it's good enough for me to rely on during my day to day work when at work (forced to use Windows there).

It can use a lot more work. And I see frequent improvements each time a new version comes out. So it'll take some time, but it's getting there.

• Hi guys,

@jeffc, thank you for that, that made my day and I'm sure our team as well when they read it. Technically, the first release of 1Password 6 came out in October, the summer was the first open beta release. Our goal for 1Password 6 for Windows is to match the masterpiece that is the macOS version of 1Password 6.

@dbarbee, it is not in beta but 1Password 6 for Windows is a young app with a clean/new codebase that was born last late spring with the first stable release in last October. As jeffc pointed out, we're working as fast as we can to build up the app with new features, UI improvements, and more. You can see the progress we're making in our changelog history here and we're on track of releasing our first beta of 1Password 6.3 soon with more improvements very soon.

1Password 4 is based on a codebase that started back in 2010, so it has a mature 6+ year codebase that received a lot of updates over the years. We needed to start a new design based on all the latest Microsoft technologies in order to support 1Password.com service and local vaults, the original codebase couldn't be updated to support 1Password.com.

• dbarbee
    dbarbee
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Gentlemen,

I concur with @jeffc: I've used 1Password for years, and use it on Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android, and really love it.

I use LastPass at work, mostly because I don't want to have my personal Dropbox account on a work computer. Very excited about the subscription features of 1Password 6, and I have been patiently waiting until it became available on all platforms, so I can use 1Password exclusively, and drop LastPass.

In retrospect, I should have looked a little more before I lept, but I'm willing to give it more of a chance before going back.

Thank you both!

• AlexHoffmann
    edited January 2017
    Options

@dbarbee

Thanks for your kind words. We do live to please our users :)

I'm not even joking. We always aim to make our apps as user-friendly as possible and use the latest technologies offered on any platform that will help us achieve this goal.

On Windows this meant starting over fresh with a new app, new codebase, new design. Features will be added and we strive to create feature parity and balance creating a unified a user experience across platforms while making sure that our apps feel at home on each platform and are first class citizens.

That's only possible because we have users that have a keen eye, are as excited about our apps as we are, and give us feedback on what we do.

So cheers!

Alex

• dbarbee
    dbarbee
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann,

You have a great product. I like the look and feel of 1Password 6 on iOS, MacOS, and Android. I know it's a huge undertaking to release an update like this, and even more so when you do it from scratch. The Windows release has always seemed a little less artful, but it works just as well! I'm excited to see it's being updated as it is.

I don't know if I have anything more to add to this conversation. 1Password 6 for Windows works fine. It's just missing a few things that I would accept if I had downloaded and installed the Beta, but I waited months so I wouldn't have to. I'm sure you'll fix them in short order, and since I'm committed, I'll be sticking with it.

Importing from LastPass didn't work, but that's something I got around with another OS version.

• Hi @dbarbee,

Thanks for your thoughts, please do keep sharing your feedback and/or requests for 1Password 6, we do prioritize some features based on feedback we get from our customers. Some may take longer than usual because they rely on us finishing something else first.

• dbarbee
    dbarbee
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, after giving this a solid go for a few weeks, I've decided to move back to 1Password 4. 1Password 6 for Windows has potential, but is not ready for what I need it for.

I've since updated many items in my 1password.com account. I would like to export out of 1Password, and import into 1Password 4. I'm doing this from both Windows desktop applications, and this isn't working. There are no headers to associate.

Is there a better/preferred way of doing this?

• dbarbee
    dbarbee
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, this is really a different question, and I'll re-post as it's own separate topic.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello dbarbee,

I see a second thread from you and we will reply there as soon as possible. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

I was going to start a new thread to report this bug, which I discovered just now when I removed all passcards to start over. Instead, I found this thread. Looks like it's been 3 weeks since this thread started, and I still do not see this basic feature in Windows app. And I'm on Beta! As awesome as this forum is, show some love for Windows (and maybe Android?) people!

Unfortunately I'm both a Windows and Android user :blush:

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cs88rf:

Thank you for reaching out! :+1:

Am I right to understand that you are talking about restoring an item in 1Password 6? If so, I will pass your feedback along to our team. There are several important under the hood changes we are working on at the moment, so it will take some time to get to more visible changes in 1Password 6, but let me assure you, we love Windows (and Android). In fact, all platforms matter.

In the meantime, please try to restore your items via web-interface at 1Password.com and let me know how it goes. Thank you!

Best,
    Greg

• cs88rf
    cs88rf
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for quick reply. I had restored using the web interface before I posted, just wanted to give some feedback.

No worries, I understand OP originated from Apple world. The reviews I read also mention this. It's just I came from a manager that was originated on Windows platform, so it was more polished. But I see your efforts and that's the more important aspect. Looking forward to your development on platforms beyond Apple ecosystem!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cs88rf: Thank you for understanding! :chuffed:

You can stay updated with the latest release notes here or via 1Password 6 app built-in updates.

If there is anything else we can help you with, you know where to find us (here). We are always here for you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.