Missing german translation in V6

Options

How can i switch the language to german in V6 on Windows?

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7 64b
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:german

Comments

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @SeS, thanks for writing in.

We do apologize but there is no translation support for 1Password 6 at the moment, it is something we will add in a future update.

If you're not using 1Password.com service, please switch back to 1Password 4 instead, which does support German. 1Password 6 is not an upgrade to 1Password 4, it is meant for 1Password.com users for the moment. We will keep adding more features to 1Password 6, so that it will become an upgrade to existing 1Password 4 users with complete local vault support, which is read-only at the moment in 1Password 6.

• juergen_mm
    juergen_mm
    Community Member
    Options

Version 6 for Windows is really still a beta. So much features lost by moving to version 6 and the 1pw account :'(
    Juergen

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@juergen_mm: We are working really hard on bringing 1Password 6 for Windows to feature parity with 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 for Mac, but it takes time. A fresh start allows us to do things that weren't possible before and it shows – 1Password 6 is much faster than 1Password 4.

Are there any specific features you are missing at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

++
    Greg

• juergen_mm
    juergen_mm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg for your answer.
    The list would be huge, but first of all: favorites in browser addon and mini-view, sorting in windows app (month is not enough, always returns to A-Z), adding tags (dropdown, drag to treeview), local backup (csv-export is not enough) - and a german translation (could not be too hard for categories).
    I hope for some quick updates as you always do for mac version.
    Thanks, Juergen

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@juergen_mm: Thank you for the feedback!

I see where you are coming from and I totally understand your needs. Our developers are working day and night to make 1Password 6 better. :) You can always keep progress and check the latest updates here.

If you are interested, you can also get the beta updates. Here is how. This way you will get all the new features first. :+1:

Please reach out to us anytime, so we could keep the conversation going. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• mschmitz
    mschmitz
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Is there a timeline on when to expect translation support for 1Password 6? Having a familiy account is kind of pointless if not all family members are able to fully use the software due to missing translations.

• Kristian
    Kristian
    Community Member
    Options

This is important for me too. Without translation support I cannot recommend 1Password to my friends.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Dear @mschmitz, @Kristian,

I can totally understand where you are coming from (waiting for a localisation myself). :) We are getting close, but there is no timeframe at the moment. I hope for your understanding.

Please stay in touch! :+1: If you are interested, we publish the latest release notes here.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.