Why was 6 Released in this state? it is So clearly a step backwards.

Options
calmasacow
calmasacow
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have to say this new version completely SUX on the windows platform. You guys completely dropped the ball and I'm strongly considering dropping your product on all of my platforms. The most glaring evidence of this is the state of the mini or whatever you call it on the windows platform. This is AWFUL! I have no access to anything other than perhaps a login assuming that the mini add on recognized the site. Which it seems the recognition is not as good either. Filling in forms for identities and credit cards is nearly impossible. WTF seriously guys why would you push this release of a "NEW" version that doesn't even have the base features of the previous version. Oh and some times I can click on it and I used to be able to start typing the name of a site and it would narrow down my options to something like "Facebook". then I could click that and it could take me there and log me in. Now half the time I get random long number strings. That isn't progress it's the bone headed thing that companies do when marketing departments get to make decisions on development schedules.

Is there a way to go back to the old version? This new one is completely unusable.

I have been a really big advocate for this product for many years and in its current state I would not recommend it to anyone. At least not to anyone on a Windows computer using Chrome as their browser.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @calmasacow,

Thanks for writing in.

First, you can find the latest 1Password 4 version from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads, this is still the latest version for everyone not using 1Password.com service.

We do apologize for the confusion. 1Password 6 is not offered nor is an upgrade to 1Password 4 yet, it is a new/young program that is only being offered to 1Password.com customers that are using 1Password on multiple platforms and needs the Windows client. 1Password 4 is still the latest version for current standalone customers and will not be offered 1Password 6 until it has all the features implemented first, especially local vault files.

It is going to take us some time to implement all of the features that 1Password 4 has into 1Password 6 but 1Password.com service have no Windows client and we couldn't update 1Password 4 to support 1Password.com, so we had to roll out 1Password 6 in stages with basic support and ship updates as often as possible to implement the rest of the features. The other 1Password apps could be updated to support 1Password.com, so that's why we're behind at the moment but we're doing everything we can to catch up.

This discussion has been closed.