1PW Families - Windows -

Options
festus777
festus777
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

There used to be an option to specify which browser 1PW uses. Since moving to Families 1PW for Windows when double-clicking a Login item it now always opens in IE (my default browser at work which I cannot change). With 1PW4 I could specify config option to tell 1PW which browser I wanted to use. No longer an option???

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:"default browser"

Comments

• Hi @festus777,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 6 doesn't yet have all of the features, it's a new program that we're building for 1Password.com service and it is going to take some time to bring back all of the existing features from 1Password 4.

Instead of using the main 1Password app, use 1Password mini in your preferred browser to open the site. Here's how:

1. Switch to your preferred browser, make sure 1Password extension is installed for it
    2. Click on the 1Password icon or press Control + Alt + \ to bring up 1Password mini, type the name of the Login item you want to open and 1Password mini will open the site for you before filling your data.
  • festus777
    festus777
    Community Member
    Options

Hi MikeT - understood about being a new app :) - here's whats weird - if I'm in Chrome and hit Ctrl-Alt-\ and pick a site it opens in IE. If I'm in Chrome and click on the 1PW extension and pick a site it opens in Chrome. I don't even have the 1PW extension installed for IE

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @festus777,

I can confirm that, it should be opening in the active browser that's in front of you but instead, it is opening in the default browser. That should only open if there's no active browser connected.

We'll get that fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for reporting this!

This discussion has been closed.