Show list of accounts from Chrome plugin

Options

The Chrome plugin on Windows doesn't work like the plugin on the Mac. On Windows, I have to type the name of the account I want to activate a login, while I would prefer to just click on the plugin and see all accounts drop down. Is there a way to change this behavior in a setting?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello there @bgwolfe78,

Thank you for taking time to contact us, we really appreciate it!

I checked the behaviour of 1Password extension in the Chrome and it looks like it acts just the way you described. For example, while I am on Amazon.com, I press Ctrl + \ and it shows me all the logins it found for this domain in my vaults:

Am I missing something here? Please let me know, so we could get to the bottom of this together. :) Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

3.png 456.5K
  • AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bgwolfe78: I'm seeing the same thing, and a common criticism is that the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app offers too many logins for a given page, since it isn't filtering based on subdomain yet, only TLD. That makes me think you may have a very different URL saved for the logins than the one you're visiting. Be sure to let us know both of these, and the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using so we can help! :)

• bgwolfe78
    bgwolfe78
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I like the behavior on a Mac. On a Mac, if I click on the plugin, and hover over "Logins" I see my whole list that I can quickly select any login page for anything I want to navigate to. This works very similarly to a Bookmark system, a 1-step process.

On the PC, I have to navigate to my target page first, then activate the login by selecting the plugin. This makes the whole experience a 2-step process.

I wonder why it works so differently between Mac and PC?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bgwolfe78:

I see what you mean, thank you for getting back to us! :+1:

1Password for Mac has been around for years and there is a lot of things we got right there. In its turn, 1Password 6 for Windows is 7 months old, because we are building it from the ground up, using new frameworks and technologies from Microsoft. It still has several rough spots here and there and one of those spots is 1Password Mini you are talking about. We have plans to implement Logins, Favourites, Password generator, etc. into 1Password Mini/extension on Windows, but it takes time and it is just not there yet.

Our end goal is a feature consistency across all platforms. We want 1Password 6 to be a first class citizen on Windows. :)

Thank you for sharing your experience! If you have other questions or concerns about 1Password, please let us know. We are always ready to help.

Cheers,
    Greg 8-)

• bgwolfe78
    bgwolfe78
    Community Member
    Options

OK,

Thanks for the response.

I wanted to be sure that I wasn't somehow using the tool incorrectly.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are very welcome bgwolfe78!

Please contact us anytime, we are here for you.

Best,
    Greg

• chad_mcdonald
    chad_mcdonald
    Community Member
    Options

Any idea when the subdomain support that @brenty mentioned is coming to 1Password for Windows? Just looking for some kind of time frame like "in the next few months" or '"next year".

• @bgwolfe78

I like the behavior on a Mac. On a Mac, if I click on the plugin, and hover over "Logins" I see my whole list that I can quickly select any login page for anything I want to navigate to. This works very similarly to a Bookmark system, a 1-step process.

Please try Ctrl+Alt+\ - when you use that key combination 1Password 6 skips URL detecting in current browser and simply offers full list of items. Once you find the item you want - it will open and fill for you :)

• @chad_mcdonald i can't tell when, even when we know such things, we prefer to have it published at least to beta channel before making claims. But I do believe it's not next year, it has to be here much faster. Do you have specific case that doesn't work for you? Like browser has URL a.dot.com and item has url b.dot.com and this item can't be found automatically?

• chad_mcdonald
    chad_mcdonald
    Community Member
    Options

I have several management portals that all have different subdomains like rmm.domain.com, wc01.domain.com, wc02.domain.com. When I use the fill command (CTRL+\ on Windows) it shows me all my passwords that apply for anything ending in domain.com with no reference to the fact that I may be trying to login to rmm.domain.com. On the Mac it knows that I'm at rmm.domain.com and only offers me logins related to that site. It's the same problem that has been described above. 1Password on Windows just doesn't match subdomains when offering passwords to fill currently.

• @chad_mcdonald it's more clear now. I'd expect rmm.domain.com to be on top of the list, but I just checked and there was a bug. List was sorted again at later stage, breaking established order. It's fixed and will be available on beta channel soon. Thank you for bringing this up!

This discussion has been closed.