1password Chrome extension not working anymore

Options
feefyefowfum
feefyefowfum
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have been using 1password 4 for almost a year now on my Win 10 machine.

I just noticed today that when I click on the 1password plugin icon on Chrome, no context menu shows. Instead it opens up a tab and loads https://agilebits.com/browsers/welcome.html. Then I see a page wherein it tries to look for the "1password helper" and tries to launch the 1password application but then it fails and shows "Couldn’t connect to 1Password".

I have 1password 4.6.1.617 installed as a Single License user.

Has there been any changes to the extension that breaks it for Single License users? Do I have to be a subscription user now?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Build 1511
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• feefyefowfum
    feefyefowfum
    Community Member
    Options

It took ages but the 6 digit pin finally came and was able to authorize. Everything is restored now.

Does the plugin deauthorize when it is updated? It seems to be a first for me; never had to authorize again ever since I installed the plugin (until today).

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @feefyefowfum,

Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear you've managed to update 1Password and authorise the extension. :+1:

Browser authorization was introduced in 1Password for Windows 4.6.1. Older versions of 1Password did not have this feature. It seems that you were updating from an older version of 1Password. You can learn more about it on our website.

Please reply back to me, if you have more questions. We are always ready to help. :)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.