Clicking on Update to 6.2.359 does nothing

Options

This morning I was prompted to upgrade when I opened 1Password. Clicking on the update message took me to the Update tab of the Options. When I click on the "Update to 6.2.359" button nothing happens.

1Password Version: 6.2.333
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: DropBox and 1Password Cloud
Referrer: forum-search:Clicking on "Update to 6.2.359" does nothing. I'm currently on 6.2.333.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @TColton,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you reproduce the issue and email us any errors that might show up in Windows' Event Viewer. Here's how:

1. Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3. Reproduce the issue with 1Password
    4. Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You may see errors from the source .NET Runtime. Right-click on the error to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    5. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

After that, go ahead and install 6.3.359 from here.

• TColton
    TColton
    Community Member
    Options

I've followed your instructions and reproduced the problem. Two warnings were logged to the event log. There were no errors. I've sent copies of the warnings to the support address above.

• Hi @TColton,

Thanks, I got the email but none of these warnings are really warnings, they're normal logs.

Can you download and install 6.3.359 separately from here: https://cache.agilebits.com/dist/1P/win6/AgileBits.OnePassword.Desktop-6.3.359.msi

Does it work?

• Amarand
    Amarand
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same issue. Downloaded the build separately, and that worked.

Is there a way to check/test to see which version my browser helper is running, and if that's the latest?

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @Amarand,

To find the latest version, open 1Password 6, unlock and go to Settings on top right (gear icon), you'll see the version on the bottom of the Settings Menu.

1Password Helper/mini is a part of the main app, they're not entirely separate, so the latest main app means 1Password mini is the latest as well.

If you're referring to the 1Password extensions itself, you can find out via the browser's extension settings. Here's the guide that'll help.

This discussion has been closed.