Can 1Password auto load my credentials? [Press Control + \ to fill]

Options
RDabate
RDabate
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm new to 1password as I've migrated from LastPass. I'm used to LassPast automatically filling in a username and password if it finds the correct credentials for any given website.

Can 1password do that?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Firefox 1Password 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @RDabate,

Thanks for writing in.

No, for your security, we do not auto-fill without your intervention first. The fastest way to fill your data in is to press Control + \. If you have a single Login item, 1Password will fill it in and submit the form for you. If you have more than one, you'll see 1Password mini show up to show you the items to select and then it'll fill and submit for you.

As for the security risk, basically there is a way for malware-infected sites to hide a specific view to switch between random site's login pages to capture whatever is being filled, this has already happened a few months ago. That's why we've never supported this for a long time, we knew it was possible. However, hopefully, browser vendors will start to protect against this properly in the near future and if they do that, we might look into adding this as an option.

This discussion has been closed.