Issue with firefox plugin

Options
Yubben
Yubben
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I'm having trouble with using 1password on Firefox.

Since today, I have the 1password icon in the bar, but when I click on it, I am redirected on the following page : onepassword4-extension://activate/Firefox and then there is a message saying that the page isn't recognized.

Whenever I try to reinstall the plugin, It is quite easy to find it on google, but the problem persist after installation... is there a way to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

_
Btw, I have a Mac version of 1password, I bought on both Mac and iPad, would it be possible to gather my informations into this account, the one I bought the windows version with... _

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:issue with firefox plugin

Comments

• Hi @Yubben,

Thanks for writing in.

That message usually means the main 1Password program is not installed. Did you install 1Password for Windows yet?

How are you syncing your data between your Mac and iOS device, are you using Dropbox or your 1Password.com account?

• Yubben
    Yubben
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

Thank you for your prompt reply MikeT!

I think I installed 1password for windows right after I bought a license. I tried to sync all my 1password data before, but as I could only do it on both iMac and iPad, I created a new library for my Pc, thought, I'd like to merge some new passwords I created from Pc to iMac and vice versa....

I forgot we can sync via dropbox... but I don't remember how to do it anyway.

Nevertheless, I still have the plugin issue with firefox, I'm not sure the problem appear on other web browser, but I'll check it out to make sure...

Do I have to reinstall 1Password ?

• Hi @Yubben,

Don't reinstall yet, that could be a sign of an anti-malware solution blocking the communication between the main 1Password app and your extensions. Can you tell us what anti-malware solution you're using?

Are you seeing any data when you open the main 1Password program and unlock it?

• Yubben
    Yubben
    Community Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

MikeT, since today's FireFox update, it seems to work smoothly like before.
    I was using ESET as an anti-malware solution + tinywall.

Do you have 1password extension for Safari 5.1.7 on Windows 7 ? If you do, I'll have to find a solution to make Safari work as it doesn't work. There is a server problem as if Safari can't connect to internet although other simillar program work.

Btw, is there a solution to merge all my 1password account (iPad, Mac and Windows) together? I can't see my purchase information for the iPad and iMac versions in my 1password account as I bought them on the Apple Store.

• Hi @Yubben,

That's great to hear.

As for Safari, we strongly advise against using it on Windows, it is severely outdated and has not been maintained by Apple for many years. Given how many security related updates are released for each browser lately, we strongly advise using anything that isn't being updated like Safari, which is why we've killed support for Safari on Windows.

Btw, is there a solution to merge all my 1password account (iPad, Mac and Windows) together? I can't see my purchase information for the iPad and iMac versions in my 1password account as I bought them on the Apple Store.

That's not possible for good privacy reasons, Apple do not share customer records with anyone outside of Apple, so we have no way of knowing who bought what at their app stores.

One thing you may consider in the future is signing up for 1Password.com subscription, which automatically includes all 1Password apps on all platforms and future upgrades at no extra cost while we take care of the rest for you such as backups, sync, etc.

• Yubben
    Yubben
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the advice. I understand now the reason why I didn't find safari for windows on the Apple Website and that I had to download Safari 5.1.7 on a different website.

One thing you may consider in the future is signing up for 1Password.com subscription, which automatically includes all 1Password apps on all platforms and future upgrades at no extra cost while we take care of the rest for you such as backups, sync, etc.

Well, I think I already created an account on 1Password.com, did'nt I?
    What is the procedure for including both my iPad and iMac versions of 1Password?

• Hi @Yubben,

Well, I think I already created an account on 1Password.com, did'nt I?

Without additional information from you, I'm not sure what you have. Let's find out because a license and/or App Store purchases are not the same as the 1Password.com subscription, they're separate products. There are no separate licenses or purchases required for your 1Password.com account because as soon as you sign in to your account inside the 1Password apps, all trial restrictions are removed, no licensing stuff to deal with.

Can you email us from the email address you've used to sign up for 1Password.com and include your purchase information from Apple's iTunes team for the apps you bought at the App Stores, so we can see what's going on. You can email us the details at support+forum@agilebits.com, please also include the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Let us know here when you've sent the email and we can confirm we got it.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.