Cannot fill Credit Card or Identity items after switching from Mac to Windows [1P4, edit and save]

Options
lavertacus
lavertacus
Community Member
edited February 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've been a longtime Mac OSX and 1Password user and have recently purchased 1Password for a new Windows laptop. There are some 1Password features that I use on my Mac that do not work on Windows. The biggest issue is that I cannot fill in identities or credit cards. I see this issue in both Firefox and Chrome. This issue is not unique to any particular web site. I can go to the same web site on my Mac and these features work. Exacerbating this issue is that 1Password for Windows also doesn't have the anchor feature. These two issues make it very difficult to continue to use 1Password for Windows.

I have had to resort to the following in order to fill in credit card information using 1Password for Windows.

1. Unlock 1Password extension
  2. Highlight and right-click the credit card
  3. Click a field in the credit card record to copy it
  4. Paste it into the form
  5. With the exception of having to unlock 1Password I then repeat the process for each field

Windows 10
1Password 4.6.1.617
Extension 4.6.3.90

Mac OSX 10.12.3
1Password 6.5.3
Extension 4.6.2

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Home
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Hi @lavertacus,

Thanks for writing in.

How did you transfer the data from the Mac to your PC? Are you using the OPVault or AgileKeychain format?

The biggest issue is that I cannot fill in identities or credit cards. I see this issue in both Firefox and Chrome.

I am not able to reproduce this and we do use the same 1Password extensions between both platforms, so they should work consistently.

I've just tried with the same versions as you have on this demo credit card site: https://stripe.com/docs/checkout/tutorial

It works, can you confirm that if you click on the Pay with card, and ask 1Password to fill a credit card (don't submit), it doesn't work?

Can you make a small change in your credit card item that you've just use in 1Password 4, like add a tag or type something in the note field, save it and then try again with that credit card on Stripe, any improvements?

Exacerbating this issue is that 1Password for Windows also doesn't have the anchor feature

That's due to a technical platform difference, the way 1Password mini works on macOS can't be easily replicated on Windows, it's something that Apple makes easy to do. We are working on a brand new approach for this as we speak in 1Password 6 for Windows, hopefully it'll work.

• lavertacus
    lavertacus
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

I transferred the data using AgileKeychain. I followed your suggestion and made a change to one of the credit cards and it now works. Thanks for the help.

Roy

• Hi @lavertacus,

Ok, I think that explains the issue, the data is in the older format that the extension is not able to parse. If you edit and save (without adding anything) each of your Identity and Credit Card items in 1Password 4, it will then work.

• brett611
    brett611
    Community Member
    Options

I'm in a similar situation but am using 1Password for families. Have 1Password on my mac at home and on a win 7 laptop. The Win7 experience does not allow you to auto populate identities or credit cards. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

• Hi @brett611,

I assume you're using 1Password 6, it is not affected by the issue in 1Password 4.

Are you saying when you select the credit card item, it doesn't fill at all? To be clear, here's how you fill the Credit Card/Identity item in 1Password 6:

1. Open 1Password mini via Control + Alt + \ or click on the 1Password icon in your browser
    2. Type the name of your credit card item to narrow down the list and then click on the item you want to fill it.

In a future update, we will add groupings to 1Password mini, so that you can click on the category like Credit Card or Identity to see your items to fill, rather than searching for them.

• brett611
    brett611
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike! I didn't know that the search + click in the mini would autofill...was trying to replicate the auto-fill experience in the mac version. It works perfectly, thanks very much

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brett611: On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! He is great. :)

Please feel free to reach out to us anytime. We are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.