search for identity

Options

With this newest version of 1Password, when I try to search for an "identity" I have created, the search does not find it. I have tried this in the main 1Password app & the Chrome browser app. Neither works.

1Password Version: 6.3.370
Extension Version: 6.3.370
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @lisaperlie,

Thank you for contacting us and giving us a chance to help!

I checked 1Password 6.3.370 on my side and it finds my test identities correctly. Here is how it works in the main 1Password app:

And in 1Password extension in Chrome:

Could you please specify, do you see the identity you have created in Identities category in the main 1Password 6 app? Is it possible that you have created an identity in one vault, but the search in 1Password app is set to a different one? Please make sure that you are using the same vault and try again. Let me know how it goes.

I am sure together we will find out what is going wrong, so I will be looking forward to hearing back from you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• lisaperlie
    lisaperlie
    Community Member
    Options

I think I see what the problem is now. The identity I created is my name "Lisa". When I search the vault, it finds EVERYTHING that has my name in it; so since my username for many of my passwords includes my name it is finding them and not just finding the login/identity etc with the title i am typing in. Thus, it finds all logins with "lisaperlie" as my username, before finding my identity which is way down in the search results list.

• Hi @lisaperlie,

Ah yes, sorry about that. You're using the 1Password 6.3.370 build where we've implemented full text search for the first time.

The good news is that we're redesigning 1Password mini in 1Password 6.4 where you'll be able to filter it to Identities only as well as more improvements to the full text search, so you can add more than one word like Lisa identity.

This discussion has been closed.