1Password 6 on Win 10 / missing browser extensions in IE / not working extension in Google Chrome

Options

Hi

I've just installed 1Password 6 Families on a Windows 10 computer. None of the browser extensions are working. In IE 11, there's no add-on loaded, in Edge no extension. I've then installed Google Chrome and downloaded the corresponding 1Password extension, but I'm getting an error "Couldn't connect to 1Password / The 1Password helper must be running for the extension to work properly".

All software mentioned are up to date (latest versions). Already tried to uninstall and reinstall 1Password incl. reboots.

Any help appreciated!

Best regards
Mischa

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Mischasz,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 6 does not support IE nor do we have any plans to but we do want to support Microsoft Edge and we're working with Microsoft on that. They're working as fast as they can to implement the rest of the APIs that we need to make 1Password possible in Edge but we don't have a timeframe on they'll be done.

However, Chrome is supported right now and does work.

Can you tell me what version number of 1Password 6 is installed on your PC? Open 1Password, unlock and click on the settings on top right, it'll list the version on the bottom of the Settings menu.

Also, what anti-malware solution are you using?

• mischasz
    mischasz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike

Here are the versions I use:

1Password 6.1.308d
    1Password extension for Google Chrome 4.6.2.90

I've just updated to these versions and I'm still getting the same error.

I'm using Sophos Endpoint Protection...

Kind regards
    Mischa

• Hi @mischasz,

Thanks for writing back, 1Password is being blocked by Sophos by default if it is not configured for it.

We don't have access to Sophos's EndPoint Security and we're hearing that they've just redesigned it, so our Sophos guide is now outdated. We hear that they're using the cloud-based interface now to manage your data, identical to Sophos Home.

Here's the instruction that should work based on Sophos Home.

1. Sign into your Sophos account in the browser, click on your computer you want to access on the dashboard and then click on Configure on top
    2. Scroll down to the bottom, you should see the File and Folder Exceptions, click on Websites tab next to it.
    3. Enter 127.0.0.1 and press the enter key.

If not, would you be willing to email us some screenshots of your settings, so we can see where you should go?

• mischasz
    mischasz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike

Thanks a lot - this solved the issue.

Kind regards
    Mischa

• That is great news, @mischasz, thanks for letting us know.

If you have any other questions, please contact us again.

Cheers,

Alex

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Any update on extensions for IE or Edge? I am using 1Password Accounts.

• MikeT
    edited February 2017
    Options

Hi @rlgleason51,

Thanks for writing in. You can read my posts in this thread for more updates.

Short summary, we won't be supporting IE but we are working with Microsoft on Edge, support for that is coming but no timeframe. At the very least, it will require the Windows 10 Creator Update coming later this Spring.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I'm not familiar with windows creator. Is that another name for an update, or an app that needs to be purchased?

• Hi @rlgleason51,

Yes, it's the name of the next Windows 10 upgrade. I'm not sure why they don't just use Service Pack 3 instead because the Anniversary/Creator updates doesn't explain which is newer.

• rlgleason51
    rlgleason51
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.