1Password 6.1.296d isn't syncing new changes unless you restart it

Options

Comments

• stevenind
    stevenind
    Community Member
    Options

I've had to exit 1Password Windows (6.1.296d) in the system tray and restart it to get new family items synced to my other devices (iPhone, Macs, etc.). All other network activity is working fine on the PC but 1P seems to not know to sync the new data for some reason. Have a 1Password for Families account. Thanks

• Hi @stevenind,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you tell me the step by step you're taking to make the changes in the Windows program? It is possible the steps you're taking is not telling the app to sync afterward.

In the 6.1296d update, we've fixed a bug where starting 1Password doesn't cause the sync to start, so no sync would've occur until you make a change. This has been fixed but we haven't found any other conditions where the app wouldn't sync on its own. We would love your help in tracking this down.

• stevenind
    stevenind
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Mike,

I added a new login from scratch manually from Windows app. Hit the +, added information, hit the save button. Waited 10 minutes not on iPhone 1Password. It did work eventually but it was like maybe an hour later when I checked and it was there. Kind of was thinking that the sync would pretty much be instantaneous. Thanks for any comments.

Best,
    Steve

• Hi @steveind,

It should be almost real-time but the mobile devices are a different story as the focus is on the battery life there.

Let's narrow it down to the same PC because you can check with the 1Password.com web app instead. Make a change in the Windows app and check the web app, it should happen right away. If not, try making a change in the web app and see how long it took the Windows app to update.

• dmitrymikhnevich
    dmitrymikhnevich
    Community Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

It seems to be I have similar issue with 1Password 6.1.296d with 1P.com subscription. I add a new item in 1P for Windows at work, it's visible in the web app immediately. Then I get home, wake up my PC, 1P is running in the background (the icon is in the system tray), can't see this new item in 1P until I restart it. That's a bit annoying.

• MikeT
    edited November 2016
    Options

Hi @dmitrymikhnevich,

This has been fixed in today's update (6.1.308d), please try updating 1Password on both PCs and it should sync right away now.

• dmitrymikhnevich
    dmitrymikhnevich
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you @MikeT
    Got updated

• You're welcome, please let us know if it works great for you. We're continuing to improve the sync based on the reports and so far, we're haven't gotten much reports lately, suggesting we're on the right track with the last few updates.

• dmitrymikhnevich
    dmitrymikhnevich
    Community Member
    Options

There are still some issues with sync. I have the latest stable Windows version 6.3.359 of 1P installed at home and at work (it runs in background all the time, I don't restart PCs for long time). Yesterday, I created a new item at home but it looks like it wasn't synced to server. I cannot see it neither in 1P for Windows at work nor on the web at my.1password.com.

Besides, I need to restart 1P app sometimes to get the latest updates from the server. I cannot see the recent changes done on another PC until app restart.

• @dmitrymikhnevich Thanks for letting us know about this.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from both Windows PCs:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Alex

• dmitrymikhnevich
    dmitrymikhnevich
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @AlexHoffmann
    Support ID is [#UPS-83537-837]

• Thanks! We'll take a look at the diagnostics report and get back to you as quickly as possible.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.