I dont have my MAster Password but only the Key. I dont mind starting over. pls help.

Options

ive tried the forum and could not find a solution on how to start over.
every menu leads me back to asking me to enter the "KEy" and the "Master Password" ...

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6..3.349
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @saiprasad,

Thanks for writing in.

Have you try the following tips here to see if you can recall the master password?

If you don't recall the master password, you'll have to start over with a new 1Password.com account. We cannot reset either your master password or the account key, that would mean we would know it but we don't.

You can sign up for a new account here.

If you'd like to delete the previous account, please email us from the original email address you've used to sign up and request to delete the account. We'll verify that you do own the account and then process the request for you.

• saiprasad
    saiprasad
    Community Member
    Options

ok. thank you for providing a clear answer. I will send out an email right away and hope the account can be deleted soon. will I be able to create a new account with the same email ID once you have deleted it ?

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @saiprasad,

You can already do that now, it does not prevent you from creating a new account with the same email address.

However, it may be more clear if you delete the original account, so you don't mix up the credentials when setting up 1Password again.

• saiprasad
    saiprasad
    Community Member
    Options

ive tried and it says that "an account with this email already exists ... "

• saiprasad
    saiprasad
    Community Member
    Options

ive sent out an email request anyway to delete the account.

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @saiprasad,

That's strange, i just did it and it created a new account. Did you use my link?

Let's move this to the email, I've replied to you there.

ref: WYA-73325-253

This discussion has been closed.