I have a seemingly insurmountable issue

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited March 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have both 1Password 4 and 6 on my PC. Because I've culled my AgileKeychain, and moved to 1Password.com, now 1Password.com cannot view the AgileKeychain and likewise, 1Password 4 cannot see the Web App data. Also because 1Password 6 renders the AgileKeychain read only, I could not copy back the data either.

Does that mean that I will have to recreate the logins or use iOS/Macs?

The 1Password Extension isn't helping.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @wkleem,

Nice to hear from you again. We're sorry that you're having an issue with the AgileKeychain.

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are after, though. You have the data in 1Password 6 and thus in your 1Password.com account, why do you need to move it back to the AgileKeychain?

Similarly, if you have your data in the 1Password.com account, you won't need 1Password 4 anymore and you can simply remove it. Unless there's a very specific reason for you to keep it.

One thing you might be able to do to restore an older keychain would be to check if you still have the old backups that 1Password 4 created. Unless you've disabled the feature, manually deleted the data, or the culling was too far in the past, you should be able to find backups in ~/Documents/1Password/Backups.

Another option might be to look for a copy of the data on your Mac.

Please let us know if this helps, @wkleem.

Cheers,

Alex

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

AlexHoffman,

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you are after, though. You have the data in 1Password 6 and thus in your 1Password.com account, why do you need to move it back to the AgileKeychain?

I like the redundancy of having both Standalone and Subscription. I will look into your suggestion about the back up folder. I also have some older Mac which isn't Web App compatible.

Thanks.

I have done optimisations on the Mac which is precipitated by a backup.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

The ability to back up isn't in 1Password 6 Win yet. Hopefully Agilebits is working on it. :)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem,

Please check this reply from Roustem about local backups of 1Password accounts. This is not as easy as it sounds.

If you want to have a local backup of your data, you can export your items from 1Password 6 in .CSV and then import that file to 1Password 4. You can also use @MrC 's converter scripts to convert the CSV to 1PIF if you are running into any issues with CSV.

Please let us know if it answers your question. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.