1Password 4.6.0.604 won't recognize my vault as a vault or allow me import my backups. Help!

Options

My IT guy at worked used a cleaner on my computer without asking and it wiped out a bunch of personal settings. When I opened 1Password, it had lost the connection to my local vault. When I try to select that vault, 1Password says it is not a vault. When I try to restore one of my backups to the newly created vault, it says I don't have permission. Thank you for your help.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: None
Referrer: forum-search:vault permissions

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @r2fasani,

Thanks for writing in!

Unfortunately, that's not good. Cleaning tools tend to do more harm than helping, we've seen a few cases where it wiped out all of the 1Password data. Let's hope this isn't the case here.

The vault file you tried to open, what is its file extension? Does it end in .opvault or .agilekeychain?

Is the backup file you've tried to open in your Documents > 1Password > Backups directory?

• r2fasani
    r2fasani
    Community Member
    Options

The file extension is still .agilekeychain and the backup file is in the Documents > 1Password > Backups directory. This may be a bigger issue for me since I apparently don't even have permissions to open image files in My Pictures directory.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @r2fasani,

Unfortunately, it looks like your IT guy may have done some serious damage. You may not have any access to your Documents folder, that's why 1Password can't access it or restore. You might want to try to fix your account's permissions to see if you can regain access to your Documents folder or take it back to your IT guy to undo what he did.

• r2fasani
    r2fasani
    Community Member
    Options

Agreed. Thank you MikeT. I'll repost here if I can get it fixed.

• MikeT
    Options

Please do keep us informed of your progress and good luck.

This discussion has been closed.