Windows versions 6.1.304 update loop trying for 6.3.359

Options

I'm running 6.1.304 and it keeps telling to update to 6.3.359. The new version downloads, windows runs the installer, and then I'm back at 6.1.304.

1Password Version: 6.1.304
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @colemanp,

Thanks for writing in. You have two separate versions of 1Password 6 installed, one from the Windows Store and one from the site.

6.1.304 was an accidental release from the Windows Store that we didn't ask to release. You have to uninstall both versions of 1Password via Settings > Apps and then install the latest one from here: https://1Password.com/downloads/

Let me know if that helps.

• colemanp
    colemanp
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the instructions. I've got the latest version now, so hopefully the updates will work going forward.

Patrick

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

It will, this was a rare exception for the Windows Store version only.

What happened was that it tries to download from the website but you can't update Windows Store versions as it is handled by the Windows Store. So, it installed the website version alongside the Windows Store version. Each time you open the Windows Store version, it tries again to grab the latest website version.

You now only have the website version, so the updates will work properly here.

This discussion has been closed.