No way to hide logins from browser with 1Password 6?

Options

It seems that there's no longer a way to hide logins in 1P6 on Windows. Is this a known issue?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kop48: Correct. It isn't currently possible to hide individual Login items in your vault from 1Password mini, but it's something we'll be adding in a future version. Thanks for letting us know it's something you'd use!

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

Please add it back soon. This is painful :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kop48: While I can't offer a time frame, it's definitely on our roadmap. I'd be interested to know more about how you'd like to use it, so we can take your use case into consideration. In the mean time, does searching in the extension help to narrow down your logins in the item list?

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I just have a bunch of logins that show up for a particular domain due to some testing that I need to do for it. I used to hide the ones that I used rarely so that I didn't get 6 entries, but now they're all showing up :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I think that's a pretty common use case. I just wanted to get a sense for if there's something new we need to consider a well. Cheers! :)

• Cory
    Cory
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to have a feature to hide anything (logins, credit cards, secure notes, etc). After using 1password long enough, I've accumulated a lot of old stuff. I'd like to have to option to make things hidden so that I can verify, over a year or so, that they really aren't needed and then I can consider to delete them.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Cory: Thank you for sharing your thoughts on that! It is on our roadmap, but it takes time.

In the meantime, you can create a separate vault for items like these and call it "Archive". You can then use the Personal vault and those items will not show up. This is not a solution to your question, but it is a temporary workaround. :)

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know. We are always ready to help!

Cheers,
    Greg

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'd like to have a feature to hide anything (logins, credit cards, secure notes, etc). After using 1password long enough, I've accumulated a lot of old stuff. I'd like to have to option to make things hidden so that I can verify, over a year or so, that they really aren't needed and then I can consider to delete them.

@Cory: I use my Trash for this purpose, but recognize that might not be the best option for everyone. :lol:

If you're using the 1Password.com subscription service, keep in mind that even if you delete an item completely, you can restore it later (this works for up to a year for all account types, except the 1Password Teams Standard plan, which is 30 days). Cheers! :)

• kathampy
    kathampy
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I need this to hide infrequently used logins, and so my primary login fills instantly without an extra click.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kathampy: Ah, thanks for clarifying. That makes sense. I do that in a few cases as well. If only I could get away with that with google.com! :lol:

• TMT
    TMT
    Community Member
    Options

I just wanted to say that I too miss the ability to hide a vault in the mini app. I created a vault with "inactive" logins. Those are logins that are still valid, but not used.

I agree with @kathampy who describes a good use case. I know you wrote that you cannot offer a time frame, but is there any news on this or any chance it might be implemented in 2017?

In any case, I am really glad that the ability to hide a vault is on your roadmap at all. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TMT: No news yet, and I can't promise anything because we have a lot of other frequently-requested features to add...but I think there's a good chance that we'll see this in the new 1Password 6 Windows desktop app in 2017, since we're working on adding a lot of other nice touches to 1Password mini. Thanks for letting us know you're looking forward to this as well! :)

• kop48
    kop48
    Community Member
    Options

I'm trying the 6.4 Beta update and noticed that this still isn't implemented. Any news on this feature? :)

• Sorry @kop48, we have nothing new to report on this feature in particular but we are very far along with the groundwork for the addition of this feature.

This discussion has been closed.