How to add username

Options

I am deeply disappointed about the quality of the new software. The older one was way better. I wished I never upgraded. The only reason was that I do not have to use Dropbox anymore. Bit if I knew before that the new software is such a crap I would never do it!

Today I was not able to add a username to an entry. Somehow I managed to save an entry with password and URL only. Now I wanted to add the username and it was not possible.

1Password Version: 6.1.308d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rowkajjh,

Thanks for writing in and I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

It sounds like you're editing a Password item which wouldn't have a username field, just the password and URL fields only. Is it possible that's the case? You can confirm this by selecting the item in 1Password 6 and looking under the title, it would say Password or Login under the title like this:

If it is a Password item, it is not yet possible to convert this as a Login item in 1Password 6. What you can do is copy the password and try to log into the site, 1Password extension should prompt to save this as a Login item for you.

Please let me know.

• rowkajjh
    rowkajjh
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, this was the case. Thanks for your help and I am sure to see improvements to the software in the future ;-)

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rowkajjh: MikeT is awesome and I am glad to hear he was able to help. :) On his behalf you are very welcome! We'll keep improving 1Password 6, but if you have other questions about it, feel free to reach out to us anytime. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• dangerous77
    dangerous77
    Community Member
    Options

The advice MikeT provided contains a mac screenshot - this is not valid for Windows (and I believe this is posted in the Windows forum).

• @dangerous77 I think you need to take a look at 1Password 6 again :)

Mike wouldn't dare post a 1Password for Mac screenshot in the Windows forum. This would be heresy!

This discussion has been closed.