Windows app will not let me sign in

Options
bambooleaf
bambooleaf
Community Member
edited March 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello. I'm able to sign in to my account on other devices and the web application so I am sure that I am using the correct Master Password but the app on my desktop is not letting me sign in.

Update: Tried a reinstall. Still locked out :(

1Password Version: 6-?? It wont unlock! Cant see my version :(
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Home Version: 1607 OS Build: 14393.693
Sync Type: 1Password Hosted
Referrer: forum-search:cannot sign in

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bambooleaf,

I am sorry for the troubles with 1Password on Windows! We are here to help. :+1:

First of all, could you please specify, have you changed your account's credentials recently? Maybe you changed your Master Password? If you did, please try to sign in to 1Password 6 using your old password. Let us know if it works.

We will provide you with further instructions, if it doesn't. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• bambooleaf
    bambooleaf
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg, interestingly yes this does work. However it seems this may be a bug because now that I can unlock it I just checked my settings and I am indeed signed into my my.1password.com account. Please note that I recently switched from Dropbox hosted to 1Password hosting, however the Windows app on another computer of mine and other devices and chrome plugins have been working fine.

Also, now that I can longin my version is 6.3.359d

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @bambooleaf,

That's great to hear and it is not a bug but it is something we will improve.

Each 1Password app has its own internal database password, 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't yet link its database password against your first 1Password.com account or vault. This will be improved in the next update, 1Password 6.4, where it'll update its database password if the first account has the same password as the database password and you've changed the account password remotely.

Be sure to update the app's password for the app via Settings > Options > Security.

This discussion has been closed.