Why can't I edit the username field, etc?

Options

Many times, 1PW neglects to add the username/login name that I've typed in, into the login for that URL.
(for that matter, most of the time 1PW doesn't add any login information, which is quite annoying. It is supposed to do this automatically)

Looking at the Login entry for that URL, I can clearly see that the Username field is empty, yet there is no way to edit that field.
When I click on the Edit icon (pencil icon), a dialog is displayed but no option is shows that allows me to edit any of the fields used for actually logging into the URL. The OSX version of 1PW is much better, in this regard. Why can't the two versions function more closely???

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cappy,

Thanks for writing in.

Many times, 1PW neglects to add the username/login name that I've typed in, into the login for that URL.

Are you creating Login items manually in the main 1Password app or are you auto-saving them via the 1Password extensions?

(for that matter, most of the time 1PW doesn't add any login information, which is quite annoying. It is supposed to do this automatically)

Can you tell me which web browser you are using and a few site examples where it didn't prompt to auto-save?

When I click on the Edit icon (pencil icon), a dialog is displayed but no option is shows that allows me to edit any of the fields used for actually logging into the URL.

Scroll down to the bottom, you'd see a table with fields, like so:

This is the data that 1Password extensions use to fill in your data.

The OSX version of 1PW is much better, in this regard. Why can't the two versions function more closely???

1Password 6 for Windows is identical to the macOS version now but it is not available for standalone licenses yet, it is only for 1Password memberships. It looks like this now:

However, 1Password 4-6 for macOS and Windows uses the same browser extensions, so it should be saving the username the same way.

This discussion has been closed.