1Password 4 (Windows 10) WLAN sync with current iOS version of 1Password?

Options

Is this still possible? I can "see" my computer from my iOS device but when I tell it to start the sync nothing happens and it eventually times out.

I'm not going to go into a huge rant about how it feels like you guys are being disingenuous with your obvious mandate to move all customers to a subscription model. Windows 10 has been out for how long now and version 4 is the best you guys have for people who want local vaults? Would you please, please, for the love of all that is holy in this world, just come out and tell your customer base the truth about your intentions with local vault support? I think you guys are underestimating how many of us are simply in a "holding pattern" until we get your word on this. Please be honest and straightforward with your customers. At the moment it really feels like you are not.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: LOCAL / WLAN

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @btownguy,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, we still support WLAN sync between 1Password 4 for Windows and 1Password 6 for iOS.

I can "see" my computer from my iOS device but when I tell it to start the sync nothing happens and it eventually times out.

You didn't get any dialog on the iPhone to enter the secret code from 1Password 4's WLAN dialog? Do you have a firewall on your network that could block bonjour traffic and are both the iPhone/computers in the same subnet?

We have a guide that can troubleshoot this that's based on previous experiences that helped: https://support.1password.com/wlan-server-troubleshooting/

As for the local vault support, we will be talking about this in more details fairly soon but for now, all I can tell you for sure is that 1Password 6 for Windows is for 1Password.com memberships only. Local vaults won't be added for a while, we're mainly focused on 1Password 6 and 1Password.com service right now.

Your statement suggests that we've been misleading or lying to our customers, that's not the case but we have greatly overestimated the amount of work that will be required to support local vaults. We did in fact wanted local vaults to be done by now in 1Password 6 for Windows and it just didn't turn out that way. We'll be talking more about this soon.

This discussion has been closed.