When will Export To 1PIF be supported in Windows 6.x?

Options

I just updated to 6.4.377d and was disappointed to find out that there still doesn't appear to be an option to Export To 1PIF file format in the Windows version. When can we expect this to be added? Based on the instructions I was trying to follow, it must be supported in the MAC version.

Thanks.

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @DigitalMan,

Thanks for writing in.

Is there a specific reason why you'd like to see this sooner? There might be another way to approach this but for now, 1PIF export is not high on our list to implement sooner when we still have higher prioritized features to implement first. We haven't gotten many requests to do 1PIF export, so it will be a long time. We do support exporting via CSV/text as it was requested more often.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

It is possible he's trying to use the onepif converter to get print outs - it only works with 1PIF.

• DigitalMan
    DigitalMan
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, MrC is correct. A few months ago I was looking for a way to print out my password list. At the time, I tried exporting to CSV and then using his scripts to first convert CSV to 1PIF and then convert 1PIF to html so I could print it. I could never get it to convert more than a handful of my passwords so eventually shelved the effort. I was thinking that the two step conversion process might be causing the problems, so I was hoping that by now 1password could export directly to 1PIF. Then it should be a simpler effort to use MrC's scripts to just convert 1PIF to html.

I don't have a Mac so I can't use it to export to 1PIF. I have Windows, iOS and Android devices, but as far as I can tell none of them can export to 1PIF.

Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DigitalMan: Ah I understand. I'm really sorry about that. We're not able to offer 1PIF export yet on Windows, but it's something we'll be adding in the future once we've completed some of the other improvements that are still needed. Thanks for letting us know that this is important to you.

ref: OPW6-187

This discussion has been closed.