windows version 6.4.377 crashing on autofill

Options

After upgrading to 6.4.377, when using the browser extension to autofill passwords, the desktop application would crash, and I would get a windows error message saying that 1Password for Windows desktop has stopped working. This also happened if I manually copied the password from the desktop app and pasted it into the password field on the browser. I tried this both with and without my antivirus running with the same result.

I was able to upgrade from within the app successfully to 6.4.377.

This happened on both firefox and chrome.

I then uninstalled 1Password, downloaded the installer directly and tried to reinstall it. It crashes at the end of the installation process with the same error. I then ran the Windows installer repair tool and tried to reinstall again. Again it crashed at the end of the installation process.

1Password Version: 6.4.377
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tsosebee
    tsosebee
    Community Member
    Options

Upgrading .NET to 4.6.2 fixed this issue.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @tsosebee,

Thanks for reporting this. That is unusual because the installer was supposed to inform you that you need to update .NET if it is not yet up to date.

Would you mind sending us your crash reports, so we can see more specifically where it was crashing? It would be archived in your Windows' Event Viewer.

1. Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3. Scroll until you see errors from the source .NET Runtime around the time of the 1Password crashes. Right-click on the error to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    4. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• tsosebee
    tsosebee
    Community Member
    Options

I've sent those crash reports. Thanks for the help.

• MikeT
    Options

Great, thanks!

I got the email and will reply there if we have questions about it.

ref: GQZ-33755-741

This discussion has been closed.