Problems deleting items from Windows client

Options

When I attempt to delete items from the Windows client, I receive no error messages, but the entries won't delete. The only way I can seem to do this is from the web interface. Is this normal behavior (and if so, why)? or a code issue (or pilot error)?

1Password Version: 6.3.359d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• firebeyer
    firebeyer
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @jgoldstein,

To better understand your issue can you please let us know how you are attempting to delete items and at what point you are getting unexpected results.

Are you selecting the Item > Edit > Move to Trash or right clicking the Item and then selecting Move to Trash?

After performing one of these two actions your item should be moved to trash which you will see on the right side of 1Password. Then to completely delete the item you need to right click on Trash and select Empty Trash.

As a side note 1Password 6.4 was release yesterday with a lot of improvements!

Cheers,
    Andrew

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jgoldstein: Indeed. I'm not aware of any changes in this area recently so it's a bit baffling that you're running into this issue. firebeyer made some great points that may help us narrow down what's causing this for you, and I'd start with updating to the latest. Let us know what you find! :)

• jgoldstein
    jgoldstein
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry guys - I should have been clearer. The entry appears to remove from my personal vault within the Windows app, but then when I look online, the entry that I deleted is still there, so it doesn't appear as though the delete's propagating "upward".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jgoldstein: Ah, thank you for clarifying! Did you perhaps change your account credentials at some point? You may simply need to update them in the Windows app. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. And post the Support ID you receive here. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• jgoldstein
    jgoldstein
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Brenty,

I've sent the email per your instructions. The support id is #ZTC-81727-391. Thanks!

• MikeT
    Options

Great, thanks, we got the email and will reply as soon as possible.

At first glance, it does look like there's a network issue on your PC and 1Password isn't able to connect yet.

ref: ZTC-81727-391

This discussion has been closed.