Can't open 1Password - License not found

Options

I can access my current logins from the pulldown menu to the side of the address bar after I enter my password, but I can't open 1Password. I get a screen instructing me to enter my activation key. I enter the key which elicits a popup that states "Error parsing response from server during license activation." and a .json text file download which states {"status":"LICENSE_NOT_FOUND"}. I'm sure I entered the correct key. I verified it with the "1Password Emergency Kit" printout I keep in a safe place. I opened this account about a month ago. A short time after I got 1Password, I got a Dropbox account. I notice when I try to open the 1Password Vault, I now have two options, one for C:\Users\Howard\Documents\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain and the other for C:\Users\Howard\Dropbox\Apps\1Password\1Password.opvault. I don't know exactly how these two apps interact so I just thought I'd mention it.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ardlaw: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! The files you listed are 1Password vaults. Have you been using both? Or perhaps you migrated your data to the local OPVault from the AgileKeychain vault previously.

But I'm a bit confused by the rest. The error and files sound like you're using 1Password 4 with local vaults, but your mention of how you "opened this account about a month ago". Did you sign up for a 1Password.com membership? If so, you'll need to use 1Password 6 instead, and Move your existing 1Password data from the local vault(s) to your new 1Password account.

Let us know where you're at, and we'll help you get things sorted out. :)

• Ardlaw
    Ardlaw
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty: Thanks for the quick response and sorry for my confusion. I was able to log-in to 1Password through the browser and see that my initial set-up date was 2/11. Your app was recommended by "The Mint Manual" (Investor Junkie) that I purchased on 2/10. I also purchased Dropbox around this time. I see those purchases in my credit card postings but nothing posted for your app so I think I lumped all those "purchases" together in my brain but have actually been on your 30 day trial period which just ran out. My apologies for bothering you with this.

Update, I made the $64.99 purchase and received an email receipt for a "Single License" which I hoped was a single family license. At the bottom of the email it had a "visit our website" link that I hit. On the page that opened I hit "Sign In" in the upper right and entered the new key that came with the email and my master password. It responded "This looks like a 1Password license key, not an Account Key for 1Password Teams or 1Password Families. I hit the "Have a family or team account?" link at the bottom, entered my original sign-in account which took me to another screen that already had my email and original account key filled in. I entered my password and it opened 1Password. I looked under the account billing and it stated that "You are on the Families Plan billing through an Apple Subscription. Your Apple subscription is managed through your iTunes account."

Well it looks like I've got this completely screwed up. I don't see any charges yet through iTunes (trial period?) but I checked my purchased apps after downloading iTunes to my PC and 1Password is listed. Where do we go from here? If I'm going to be charged through iTunes, obviously I'd like to cancel the $64.99 purchase I just made.

I guess I want to use 1Password 4 on my PC and 1Password 6 on my iphone and ipad?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Ardlaw: Thank you for getting back to us! I am sorry for this confusion. We are here to help, so let's get this figured out. :)

You don't need Dropbox or a separate license, when you have 1Password account. In this case sync happens automatically and all 1Password apps for all platforms are included in your subscription.

You will need to download 1Password 6 on your PC in order to use your account.

As for the license purchase, please send us a message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com and we will check what we can do for you. :) Include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• Ardlaw
    Ardlaw
    Community Member
    Options

Greg, thanks so much. 6 is up and running, no issues that I'm aware of. Uninstalled 4. Waiting for the BitBot Support ID number. Should that have happened already? -Howard

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @Ardlaw,

That's great to hear and on behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

You should get an auto-reply almost instantly. Please check your spam folder, it may have arrived there. If not, can you confirm if your email address is up to date in your forum profile? I can't find any emails from you with that email address.

Thanks!

• Ardlaw
    Ardlaw
    Community Member
    Options

Mike:

I checked the spam folder at yahoo.com which has my sbcglobal.net account and it has nothing from you. Same for my Outlook junk email file. My email address is correct in my profile and I've been getting email notifications there whenever you guys post a comment.

I haven't sent an email to support+windows@agilebits.com yet because Greg told me to wait for the automated reply from the BitBot assistant with a Support ID number before sending the email.

-Howard

• Ardlaw
    Ardlaw
    Community Member
    Options

I also apparently have some issues with my Apple Store purchase. I tried to add your extension to my ipad and got a notice "Purchase Applied to Another Account". I've sent them an email to try and sort out their end of things.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ardlaw,

I am sorry for the confusion! :blush:

Please send us a message to support+windows@agilebits.com and explain the situation (include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots"). You should receive a reply from BitBot after that, not before. Please post the Support ID from that reply here, so we can track it down. Thanks in advance!

As for your App Store purchase. All of the Pro-features in 1Password on your iPad should be included in your 1Password account. It means that if you added your account in 1Password app on your iPad, you don't need to restore any purchases. Please check the guide below on how you can use the extension there:

Use the 1Password extension to fill in Safari and apps on your iPad

I hope it helps. We will be looking forward to your email. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.