how to login in 1P6 desktop windows application ?

Options

Hi,
I have 1P4 windows desktop app installed for the trial version. The trial duration is over. Now I've created a login for 1Password online and downloaded 1P6 desktop app. When I launch 1P6 desktop app, and give master password for the 1P online account, it says invalid password. I have also tried to drag the barcode from my account's Get the app page into desktop app window before entering the master password, but it still says invalid password.

Finally my plan is to move to 1P online, 1P6 on desktop and Android 1P mobile app. I have not yet uninstalled 1P4 yet from my machine.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Nishant

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello Nishant,

Thank you for using 1Password! You did the right thing by contacting us, we are here to help.

I see that you have two 1Password accounts, one of them is deleted now. It is possible that 1Password 6 for Windows is still trying to access your deleted account with a different Master Password. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC, where you have this issue, so we could take a look:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• justnishant123
    justnishant123
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,
    Thanks for your reply. I've got the mail from BitBot and my support ID number is [#ANH-43913-629].
    I have also been replied by Frank Catalano on email.
    Your diagnosis is correct. I just entered the master password of deleted online account into 1P6 win desktop application and it logged in. Apparently, both the deleted and current accounts have the same login id. Looks like the deleted account did not get deleted properly.
    Anyways, I will continue the discussion with Frank on email and I will provide him with this thread link and support ID.

thank you for your excellent diagnosis. You guys rock !!

Cheers,
    Nishant

• Thank you for letting us know and for the kind words, Nishant!

Don't hesitate to write us again if there's anything else we can help you with.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.