1Password for Windows Not Syncing on VPN

Options

Hello,

I am using 1Password on my work laptop with a Cisco AnyConnect VPN software and it seems like my 1Password only syncs when I disconnect VPN and restart 1Password. I already added 1Password in the firewall's whitelist and all the necessary ports as well as found here:
https://support.1password.com/firewall-proxy/

Any help is appreciated!

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Windows 7 SP1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:vpn windows

Comments

• leebridges
    leebridges
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having this problem as well on Mac. Although, it even prevents me from launching 1Password at all when I'm connected via VPN. I've also added the IP to the whitelisted IP's.

• @Bedo If the VPN reroutes the communication in a way that breaks the chain of trust between 1Password and the 1Password.com servers, the app will prevent a connection from being established. The security and integrity of your data is of the upmost importance and we have added many layers of security on top of regular encryption of the web communication.

Are you using the VPN in an institutional or corporate environment? If so, can you ask them if the VPN is replacing any SSL/TLS certificates?

@leebridges Are you using one of the new MacBook Pros with Touch ID? If so, there are cases where third party software can interfere with the Touch ID component and prevent 1Password from launching. In this case you should check for an update for the VPN software.

• leebridges
    leebridges
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann
    Yes, that's the case. Must be what's happening. Thanks!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@leebridges: On behalf of Alex you are welcome! :) Should you have any other difficulties, do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.