Chrome refused browser connection

Options

Hello,
I am running Chrome 57.0.2987.98 (64-bit) and I am getting repeated refused connection error messages when I open the browser. I've seen other users with this problem, and it seems to be resolved by updating to the most recent version of Chrome. I've done this, and it has not solved the problem.

I've followed the guidelines to uninstall/reinstall the extension, white list the process and ports in firewall settings, whitelist the .exe with my antivirus (nod32), uninstalled and reinstalled browser, restarted browser and system, and nothing seems to do the trick.

Here is my 1password report https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By_yuqNceZ7Pb2RXa2EtNXFfeFk

Comments

• starchang
    starchang
    Community Member
    Options

1pw version 6.4.377d
    extension 4.6.3.90

• @starchang chrome's certificate is suspicious to 1Password, we expect it to be signed by Google Inc, what is the Signer of C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe ?

• starchang
    starchang
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile I just checked ,it's "google inc"

• @starchang i see, thanks for the heads up, we will check what Google is using to sign Chrome 57, previously they signed it with Google Inc. Can you show me certificate chain for your chrome.exe? Is it VeriSign > Symantec Class 3 SHA256 Code Signing CA > Google Inc?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile: This is what I'm seeing:

@starchang: Do you maybe just need to restart Chrome to complete the update? Until you do, the signature (v57) of the executable (as Sergey noted) won't match the browser that's actually running (v56).

• starchang
    starchang
    Community Member
    Options
  • starchang
    starchang
    Community Member
    Options

they all say the signature is ok

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@starchang: Definitely restart Windows and relaunch Chrome to see if that helps.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

I had an issue with 1Password Extension refusing connection, simply because Chrome was recently out of date and updating Chrome fixed the problem. You may want to check Chrome's version not necessarily 1Password Extension.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: From the version it sounds like Chrome has already updated...but the problem is often that it hasn't been restarted to complete the update. At that point the old version is still technically running, and its signature won't match the new executable (which has been placed in the app folder already to be used upon relaunching). Confusing, to say the least. :)

• starchang
    starchang
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty @wkleem @SergeyTheAgile Hi,guys,I just fix my problem, something wrong with my google connect.thx for help!!!!!!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited March 2017
    Options

@starchang could uninstall and reinstall Chrome to see if that helps, as a last resort. I use the offline installer.

https://google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/desktop/index.html?standalone=1

I haven't looked, but Chrome should have a "safe" mode?

• starchang
    starchang
    Community Member
    Options

@wkleem you know I'm chinese,that's explain everthing.....i can use google.com but my chrome losted connect with google services these days.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@starchang: I'm glad to hear you were able to get Chrome fixed up! :)

@wkleem: And I actually didn't know there was an offline installer for Chrome. Thank you! :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.