Intranet Connection Problem

Options

Hi,
when my computer is in our corporate intranet, 1password doesn't connect and thus the browser plugins don't work. Even if I only try to open the 1password.com website, Firefox complains about "The owner of 1password.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website", Chrom shows the error message "...NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID...". If my computer is in an open network, everything works.

Is there a way to get around this problem or at least, force the plugins use a cached version of the vault if connecting is not possible?
Regards

1Password Version: 6.1.296d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• Hey @DocWho,

Thanks for writing in. Sorry to hear you're having issues accessing 1Password.com.

The problem is unfortunately not on our end — unfortunately because if it were we might be able to fix it.

On corporate or institutional networks, it's common practice to install custom root certificates for SSL/TLS to intercept web traffic and scan it for threats. This can be done in a variety of ways but in your case, I think that the database of accepted certificates on your PC or on the network has been altered and fails to recognise or accept the one for 1Password.com.

Is this a new error or something that has been happening for a while?

On a different note: you're using a very old version of 1Password 6 and I'd like to ask you to update it. Please exit 1Password 6 via the icon in the notification area of the task bar, download 1Password 6, version 6.4.377 from https://1password.com/downloads and install it.

Cheers,

Alex

This discussion has been closed.