[Bug] Values set by date / month selection boxes are not correctly displayed

Options

The date field is set via select boxes for day and month while the year is a text field. However, the day and month with 2 digits selected is incorrectly interpreted in the browser view (right bottom panel).

For example, if my input were 15 December (12) 2016, these turn out to be shown as "2017年1February5日" which is expected to be "2017年12月15日".

Although my PC's locale is set to Japan, you could easily notice that there are some bugs manipulating month and day.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.618
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@peilun: I apologize for the trouble there. 1Password 4 simply doesn't have full Unicode support (which is why we don't have many localizations that require it). This isn't something that we're going to be able to retroactively fix in 1Password 4, but we're building the new app to not have these limitations. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you. :(

• peilun
    peilun
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    Thanks for your reply.
    Since the value of the fields are held correctly when opening the record, this is not critical.
    But I hope that you'll fix this annoying thing in the new version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@peilun: Absolutely! It's not ideal, but building a brand new app from the ground up has allowed us to take advantage of all of Microsoft's latest tools to have a truly modern (pun somewhat intended) Windows app. That includes full Unicode support, along with accessibility improvements and a lot more. It isn't finished yet by any means, but it's coming along nicely. It's a lot of work, but it's worth it to have a great experience for 1Password users on Windows for years to come. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.