Invalid entries after import of 1pif

Options

I want to convert to opvault from agilekeychain so I created a 1pif file. After the import into a new opvault vault I have empty entries that give an error when I try to delete them. I have sent in the error report. I imported the same 1pif into a new agilekeychain vault and don't have the bad entries.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.618
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:import 1p1f

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gmaddry: It sounds like you may have an older format which isn't supported by OPVault. Can you tell me where the data originated? Even if you're only able to import into AgileKeychain though, you can simply copy the items to the clipboard to paste into an OPVault. The only drawback to that is that attachments cannot be transferred this way. Let me know what you find!

• gmaddry
    gmaddry
    Community Member
    Options

You mean an older format of 1pif? The 1pif was created by the current 1Password version 4.
    I imported from another manager. From some of the folders it was Roboform and from dates in the file it was July of 2016.
    I have over 700 records so copy and paste is not a real option. I have found a work around and now I have it in an opvault. I imported into a agilekeyschain file without the bad records and exported again. This time the import into an opvault worked without the bad records. The bad opvault synced to iOS without error and bad/empty records were not synced.
    I recreated the bad opvault and exported two of the bad records to csv and 1pif. The csv was empty except for column titles, the 1pif looked to contain garbage. The csv file looks blank in a viewer but in a hex editor the data is garbage ie unprintable characters for url, login etc.

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad you found a work-around @gmaddry.

Did you figure out what the bad records were? Were they all malformed Roboform imports? I just want to make sure that you don't lose any data. Also please double check attachments, as there have been times when the transition between Agile Keychain Format and OPVault has gone awry depending on the age of things.

But mostly thank you for moving away from Agile Keychain. It was almost 10 years ago.

• gmaddry
    gmaddry
    Community Member
    Options

I haven't added any attachments yet. I would guess that the bad data came from the robform import but the bad records are just unprintable hex so I really can't tell where they came from. It could be from something in the roboform html or a error in the import. Although I have imported Roboform into other password managers without this problem and the bad records don't show in the agilekeychain vault.
    It may have been 10 years ago that agilekeychain vaults were created and opvault imay be better but agilekychain is still the default when you create a new vault. I expect that is why I created a agilekeychain vault last year when I did the roboform import.
    I have been looking at 1Password for a while and your migration to 6 and your cloud delayed my deciding on going with version 4.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@gmaddry ,

Did you use the 1Password native Roboform importer, or the roboform converter from the converter suite ?

• gmaddry
    gmaddry
    Community Member
    Options

I have downloaded the converter suite but the converter suite I unzipped doesn't contain a Roboform converter. I have a later one that does contain a Roboform converter but it is not unzipped, so I believe I used the native importer.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@gmaddry ,

Maybe you had a very old version (prior to 1.08, where the roboform converter was introduced)? That seems unlikely however, unless you did this a long time ago.

The converter module is included in the package, under Converters. There was a zipped special version of this module made available to a customer on my Dropbox site under Testing Bits, but that was removed a while ago.

• gmaddry
    gmaddry
    Community Member
    Options

I said I had a version (1.08) that contained the Roboform converter but didn't use it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

@gmaddry: I just wanted to follow up to apologize for not being clearer. I wasn't suggesting that you copy everything from one vault to another by hand. If you press Ctrl A to select everything, Ctrl C to copy, switch to the other vault, and press Ctrl V to paste, the only thing you need to do is place a small rock on the Enter key to confirm import of each item while you do something more interesting for a few minutes (depending on how many items you have). That might not be of any help now if you got everything another way, but if your workaround produced anything but perfect results it might be worth trying. Cheers!

• gmaddry
    gmaddry
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize you could paste multiple items into 1Password. I will have to try the rock method if I can't get a sticky key to work. :>)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! Honestly I used my phone, but I thought "a small rock" sounded funny yet equally plausible. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.