Could not sync with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2

Options

I have been using 1Password for several years. I purchased Desktop Windows version and have practice sync with my iPad, which is ok! I have tried Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I could install the app 1Password for Android, added master password. Then I tried to sync with my 1Password for Windows. I could successfully entered the secret code by WIFI sync option. The problem is that when I am asked to enter the master password in my android device, I always got message of wrong master password. Please help to figure out the problem.

1Password Version: 6.6.1.617 for Windows
Extension Version: 6.5.1 for Android
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:I could not sync with my android note S2 from my 1Password Desktop by wifi

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @sunnyay,

Thanks for writing in.

Are you entering the master password of the one you use in 1Password for Windows, not the one in the Android app?

• sunnyay
    sunnyay
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your reply and sorry for not follow your reply very fast.
    I am using the same password for both devices. Also, just in case, I have uninstall and reinstall 1Password in Android tab, and set the same password again. Still I am asked to enter the master password, seemingly I have not entered password at all.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sunnyay: Are you perhaps using non-ASCII characters in your Master Password? These won't be encoded the same between OSes, so it may help to change it. Let me know what you find!

• sunnyay
    sunnyay
    Community Member
    Options

I have used special characters in my password, but they should be ASCII. FYI, I am ok now but with the same password for both the window desktop and the android device. I am frequently asked for master passwords for both devices when doing sync for devices with different passwords. I tried different combinations for own (desktop and mobile) password in synchronized device and another password for synchronizing device (mobile and desktop). It just keep asking master passwords when I am using two different passwords for two devices. Anyway, provided I am using the same password for both devices, the sync is working. So, I don't want to dive more to the problem for the time being. Thanks anyway!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sunnyay: On behalf of Brenty you are very welcome!

Am I right to understand that you've managed to figure it out and now your devices are in sync? Please let us know. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sunnyay: Thanks for following up! Indeed, it sounds like that's exactly it. If you're using exactly the same vault on both devices, it will be the same Master Password and there won't be any need to enter them separately. But if you have a different one in each case, these are technically not the same data. Your vault is encrypted using the Master Password you setup. 1Password isn't authenticating you; rather, it's using the Master Password you enter to try to decrypt the data. And if it is en crypted with a different Master Password, it will be necessary to provide that in order to de crypt it. I hope that makes sense. :)

• sunnyay
    sunnyay
    Community Member
    Options

My devices are in sync now. Thanks Greg and Brenty!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.