imported CSV data OK on 1password.com, garbled in Windows 1Password 6 app

Options
sdm
sdm
Community Member
edited April 2017 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I created a CSV file from my Roboform data, and successfully imported it into [my account].1password.com. Then I installed the 1Password 6 desktop app on Windows 10. When I open the app, there are the right number of login entries there, but they are all full of unreadable characters. E.g., my entry for amazon.com displays as "[]a[]m[]a[]z..." where [] are rectangle glyphs. This is my first introduction to 1Password, and I'm quite frustrated.

1Password Version: 6.4.377d
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:imported CSV data OK on 1password.com, garbled in Windows 1Password 6 app

Comments

• Hi @sdm,

Sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the data import from Roboform.
    Does the data show up correctly in your 1Password account online?

Cheers,

Alex

• sdm
    sdm
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, it's correct online.

• sdm
    sdm
    Community Member
    Options

Actually... I think it just appears to be correct online. I just discovered I cannot successfully search on any of my entries. I think the garbage characters are there in the online version, they just don't appear in the Chrome browser, whereas they do appear in the Windows app (as rectangle glyphs). I'm going to delete and re-import.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Options

@sdm,

You can use the roboform converter, part of the converter suite to convert your Roboform data into 1Password's 1PIF format. You'll get the best fidelity this way. Use the 1.10 version in Testing Bits, mentioned in the first post. It has several enhancements, including those for Roboform. Just follow the directions in the first post and README.pdf, including how to export your data.

The problem you are facing is that 1Password's Roboform importer is not reading the data with the proper Unicode encoding.

• sdm
    sdm
    Community Member
    Options

Hmm, easier said than done. How can I delete all the entries in my Private vault? I only seem to be able to delete them one at a time. And I don't seem to be able to delete the vault itself (as the documentation on deleting vaults suggests, though it refers to a "Personal" vault rather than "Private"). Should I just start from scratch with a new 1password account, and abandon this one?

• @sdm you can select multiple items in 1Password for Windows, right click and Move to Trash. Hope that helps :)

• sdm
    sdm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Problems seem to be resolved. Would be good to update 1Password to detect and deal with this unicode problem.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @sdm,

Thanks for letting us know. We'll inform the web team to look into this Unicode problem and get it fixed.

Would it be acceptable for us to reach to you via email if we need more information?

This discussion has been closed.