Even after a new installation, immediately I get the error message. What could be wrong?

Options

I had 1Password perfectly working on my system until 2 or 3 days ago. I got a little screen saying that 1Password stopped working because of some failure.
Restarted my PC, to see of that solved it>> NO
Removed 1Password and reinstalled Same problem.

I have asked my friend (i was invited by him in his team) to invite me again, maybe the app was different on my system (Win10 Pro+ Office 16+Chrome browser) and after I downloaded and installed the app I got the message again, see screenshot.

Now I do not know anymore what to do.

Jan

1Password Version: latest, download today, version 6 ??
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: Win10
Sync Type: ??
Referrer: forum-search:1password has stopped working in windows 10

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @JanVDam,

Thanks for reporting this.

Can you do this for us:

1. Click on Start Menu, search for Event Viewer and open it
    2. On the left sidebar, expand Custom Views on the top and then click on Administrative Events
    3. Reproduce the issue with 1Password by opening it
    4. Go back to the Event Viewer, right-click on the list to refresh. You should see errors from the source .NET Runtime but it is not always the case. Right-click on the error(s) to select Copy > Copy Details as text.
    5. Paste it into a new text file with NotePad, save it and attach it to an email, send that email to us at support+windows@agilebits.com along with your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

Please let us know here when you sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• JanVDam
    JanVDam
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    I just have sended the email.

Jan

• JanVDam
    JanVDam
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    If it was haloween, i would start believing in ghosts!

After I have mailed you, I just tried once more to open the app.
    To my surprise I was able to fill in my credentials, but get a new error, a different one this time. See picture!

As can be seen it gives an error of not being able to complete. But my network connection was OK.
    I clicked on the gear button right upper corner and checked some settings. I was able to get the browser extension.

I restarted the PC and to my surprise the app opened as it should.

Jan

• AlexHoffmann
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hey! We received the email, will take a close look at it and get back to you once we know what caused the issue in the first place.

As for the sign in issue, you said that after restarting the PC everything started working normally?
    That might be something completely different but I want to make sure we're not missing anything. I'm going to send you a few instructions via email.

Cheers,

Alex

ref: RYC-52977-572

This discussion has been closed.