1password seems to want to connect to an IP address that I can't identify

Options

Hello there - on occasion, 1password flags up on my firewall as trying to connect to IP address 204.93.142.142 - is this a genuine request, perhaps checking for updates?

Here is some additional information on this IP address http://www.tcpiputils.com/browse/ip-address/204.93.142.142

I don;t see any reference to AgileBits or 1password on this report.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• architect1337
    architect1337
    Community Member
    Options

Cachefly is a CDN (content delivery network) that companies use to distribute data from as it saves them having to buy servers of their own in multiple global locations. If I remember rightly, AgileBits does use cachefly but I'm sure one of the support team will reply properly. It makes sense that this is a software update check.

• Hey @pixel_issue,

Thanks for your question. @architect1337 gave you the majority of the answer (Thanks!). We use two CDNs to delivery app updates, Watchtower updates, and rich icon downloads: CacheFly and CloudFlare.

In your case 1Password 4 was most likely attempting to download a rich icon for a new (login) item you added.
    You can read more about this and the privacy aspects in our knowledge base article How 1Password protects your privacy when downloading icons.

If you have any questions about this, please let us know.

Cheers,

Alex

• pixel_issue
    pixel_issue
    Community Member
    Options

thanks very much guys.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pixel_issue: On behalf of Alex you are very welcome! :+1: If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.