Need help with a sudden loss of sync on one of four devices.

Options

I have used 1Password for several years, successfully syncing iPad, iPhone, iMac, and a Win 7 machine using Drop box. Everything worked fine till a few months ago, then the Win 7 machine stopped keeping synced. The other keep up with each other fine. I ran through the online advice to no avail.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Need help with a sudden loss of sync on one of four devices.

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Steve43,

I am sorry to hear you bumped into troubles with 1Password!

The unreliability of a third party sync is one of the reasons why we introduced 1Password accounts. Using a local vault synced via Dropbox requires some advanced technical skills to set up and maintain sync and backups, while with 1Password account it all happens automatically. :)

But let's get back to the issue at hand. I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iMac, where sync works, and your Windows PC, where it doesn't. Here is how you can do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post them in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.