Expiry Date fails to display in Windows but ok in IOS

Options

Hi Team!
I use 1Passowrd both on Windows and on IOS and have your subscription program. One of my entries, Credit Card type, does not match between Windows and IOS. iOS app shows Expiry Date is populated, but in windows, it returns an empty value. It appears maybe there is a bug. I am running on Windows version 1Password 6.5.401d and on iOS 6.5.4. Again, the issue appears to reside on Windows (full application, Mini, and Chrome plug-in) but iOS app is ok. let me know if you require additional details. Also when I inject into a web page the credit card details from Mini, it returns 00/00 for expiration date which is incorrect.

Do you require any more details to investigate?

1Password Version: Windows: 6.5.401d iOS: 6.5.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise 14393.969
Sync Type: Subscription

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @JeffKozloff,

Thank you for reporting this! :+1:

I am using a family account myself, so I checked my credit card items in 1Password on my Mac, iPhone, and Windows PC. Expiry dates are shown correctly across all of the devices, so I am curious about what is happening on your side. Could you please specify the following info:

• Is it the only item in your vault that is in question?
    • Do you remember what device that credit card item was created on?
    • Have you tried creating a new credit card item on your iPhone and check if it propagates correctly to your Windows PC?
    • Have you tried creating a new item on your Windows PC and check if it propagates correctly to your iPhone?

I am asking this because I just tried to do that on my side and everything appears to be okay, so we have to investigate. I will be looking forward to your reply! Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• JeffKozloff
    JeffKozloff
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg!
    thanks for getting back to me. here are some answers

Is it the only item in your vault that is in question?
    [Jeff] I did not check before, but yes, this is the only case. I mean I have other items as Credit Card types which show Expiry Date correctly. NOTE: I have not tried to edit the entry yet to resave, in case 1Password Team wanted an actual case for troubleshooting.

Do you remember what device that credit card item was created on?
    [Jeff] Sadly, no. :-( Maybe that might be a cool enhancement in future to track what device was used to create/modify entries in a given vault ;-)

Have you tried creating a new credit card item on your iPhone and check if it propagates correctly to your Windows PC?
    Have you tried creating a new item on your Windows PC and check if it propagates correctly to your iPhone?
    [Jeff] Just tried, cannot reproduce problem. (works ok both ways).

So odd that date appears ok in mobile but not in windows instance. :-P

Best Regards,
    jeff

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JeffKozloff: Thank you for the additional info! We are investigating this issue, so I would like to ask you to do the following:

1) Open and unlock 1Password 6 on your Windows PC.
    2) Find that credit card item with incorrect Expiry date.
    3) Press F12 on your keyboard. You will see Developer tools for that item.
    4) Find that Expiry date in there, copy it, and email it to us in a new message to support+windows@agilebits.com. Please don't share any other information about that item.

Please do not post any of your personal info here (this is a public forum), but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• JeffKozloff
    JeffKozloff
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Greg
    First and foremost... I love the built in developer tool in your Windows program! What a great idea!

As for the Support ID, see here - #FTA-81361-215

Thanks!
    Jeff

• Thank you @JeffKozloff we've got your email and fix is coming with future update :)

This discussion has been closed.