Chrome browser extention can't find the 1Password helper

Options

My Chrome browser extension was working fine, but now when I click on it the extension cannot find the 1Password helper. On my other laptop that's synced to the same account, I don't have any issues. I don't remember installing anything recently that would conflict, but I guess it could still be a possibility.

1. I have VPNs, but I know I'm not connected.
  2. I'm not using any proxy services.
  3. I don't have 1Password 6 installed.
  4. I have Immunet and Windows Defender running, but they have been since I started using 1Password so that shouldn't be an issue.
  5. In my 1Password preferences, it shows that I have the browser extension installed for Chrome 57.0.2987.133-64
  6. I have AdBlock, but turning it off has no effect.

Any help here?

1Password Version: 4.6.1.620
Extension Version: 4.6.4.90
OS Version: W 10.0.14393
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi @Jhinin,

Thanks for writing in.

Is 1Password Helper running? Try opening the main 1Password program, go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper, and then restart Chrome.

Does that help?

• Jhinin
    Jhinin
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT

I've tried that too. It doesn't help in this case.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Jhinin,

In that case, it is likely a third party interference. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Jhinin
    Jhinin
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT

The email has been sent. Thanks for the help.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2017
    Options

@Jhinin: Thank you for the report! We will take a closer look and get back to you via email. :+1:

ref: EXF-55878-551

This discussion has been closed.