How do I get the manual save feature to work in 1Password 6.5?

Options

Hi, I've just updated to 1Password 6.5.401d and was trying to use the new manual save feature with a login I was creating for the www.immobilise.com web-site.

However, each time I clicked "Save new login" (under 1Password mini settings) in 1Password mini, nothing happened. I was expecting a window to pop-up with the login details and a save button like there was with 1Password 4. After clicking the "Save new login" button I checked in the main 1Password program, but nothing had been saved.

I'm just wondering if you can help me to get this feature to work, as I much prefer to manual save rather than rely on the automatic process?

Many thanks, Paul

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Creators x64
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @pbryanw,

Thank you for contacting us! :)

Here is how I was able to save a new Login item for www.immobilise.com, using our manual save feature:

1) I went to their login page and entered my test credentials without clicking on that big green login button:

2) Then, I clicked on 1Password icon in the browser and chose Save New Login:

3) 1Password prompt me to save this login:

4) And here it is in my vault:

Could you please confirm that these are the steps you are taking as well? It is really strange if it doesn't work for you, so please let us know. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
    Greg

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

@Greg - Hi, many thanks for your help, and for thoroughly describing the process for me. It's when I get to step 2) that I get stuck. When I click on "Save new login" nothing happens - the prompt doesn't pop-up as in step 3).

I guess my 1Password mini isn't working the way it should be? I wonder if it's because I've been running 1Password betas for the past few months. Do you think it might be worth uninstalling 1Password (including the %appdata% folder) then reinstalling the latest stable version?

Thanks again, Paul

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

Not likely, this isn't data-specific. It should work the same way for everyone.

Do you have auto-save disabled? If yes, that would explain the issue, we have a logic bug where disabling auto-save would also disable manual save. We reuse the same method for both processes but we forgot to remove the condition check for disabled auto-save when doing a manual-save.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @MikeT

That did it - re-enabling auto-save made it work for me :+1:

Does this mean that being able to use manual save without auto-save enabled, is coming in a future update? This is the way I would like to use manual save.

Thanks again, Paul

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

Yes, it's a bug that'll be fixed in an update coming soon.

• @pbryanw sorry for the trouble, as Mike correctly stated that was a bug. It's squashed now and next update will behave as expected. Thank you!

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile - Thanks for updating me with this welcome information - I will be very much looking forward to the next update :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for your patience and support! :)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

Just an update, 1Password 6.6 Beta 1 has been released with this fix.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the heads-up @MikeT. Have just installed 1Password 6.6 Beta 1 and this issue is fixed for me now. Thanks for the usual excellent support from Agilebits :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the update, and the kind words! I'm glad that the beta helped. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.