Problem with Crome extention after update

Options

The latest update gives a problem with the browser extention for Crome. I have tried reinstalling the extention but it gives the same result. It can not find out that it is running and starts the main application instead every time. It also give problems for the Telerik Fiddler Web Debugger application. I had to uninstall the extention.

Please have a look at the following examples:

1Password Version: 6.5.401d
Extension Version: 4.6.3.90
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: Family account

Comments

• Hi @SoftAllan,

Thanks for contacting us. The issue you're seeing points to Fiddler interfering with the connection between 1Password and the 1Password Chrome extension.
    By default 1Password communiates with the 1Password browser extension using the WebSocket protocol at the localhost IP address 127.0.0.1.

Fiddler seems to interjecting itself here or reserving the ports for itself.

If you disable Fiddler, do you see the same issue?

Apart from that we do have good news, though, because in version 6.5.401d (which you have installed) we introduced a new connection type called Native Messaging that will be enabled automatically with the next 1Password extension update.
    It doesn't rely on a HTTP server running at 127.0.0.1 and is very robust.

If you want, you can click to install the 1Password Chrome extension in 1Password 6 again, enabled the beta extension on the extension download page, enable Native Messaging for the 1Password browser extension in Settings > Options > Advanced, and after exiting 1Password 6 via the notification area icon and restarting it, you shouldn't have this issue anymore.

Cheers,

Alex

• SoftAllan
    SoftAllan
    Community Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

I have removed the 1Password browser extention and installed the 1Password Beta browser extention. The Native Messaging for Crome is enabled in 1Password 6 and it has been restarted. It seems to have solved the problem :)
    Will run with the beta version for a while. Thanks for the help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise, thanks for the update! Native Messaging has helped a lot already, and for me it even seems faster. Cheers! :)

• SoftAllan
    SoftAllan
    Community Member
    Options

The beta extention gives me some problems. Nothing happens when i click the icon in the browser. Rightcliking and selecting "1Password Beta" just sends me to the homepage https://1password.com/. Rightclicking and selecting "1Password" does nothing.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @SoftAllan,

Chrome does the same thing for all extensions when you right-click on them, they just take you to the home page of the extension. There is no right-click support for extension buttons as far as I know.

Can you check that you only have the 1Password extension installed? We saw an identical user reported the same symptom as you did and it turns out he had two 1Password extensions installed at the same time.

This discussion has been closed.