1Password 6 doesn't accept my master password at the Windows App

Options

I am able to log in to the Web Site / iOS App using my Master Password; but when ever I try to log in to the Windows App it doesn't let me. I once was able to Log In. I changed the password, and I was still able to log in everywhere else, except the Windows App. If there is any place where AgileBits is saving a cache file with the password?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10.0.14393 Build 14393
Sync Type: 1Password Service

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @jmarti326,

Thank you for getting in touch! To resolve this issue, please try to do the following:

[Edited by MikeT: Removed previous instructions, send us your diagnostics report, so we can figure out what's going on]

Please give this a try and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Cheers,

Greg

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @jmarti326,

Did you try using the old password?

• jmarti326
    jmarti326
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg Thank you this worked perfectly. @MikeT I tried to do it, but it was still failing. Using Greg method above solve my problem. Thank you both!

• MikeT
    Options

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know and on behalf of Greg, you're welcome.

• CVJ
    CVJ
    Community Member
    Options

this just happened to me as well, the method Greg listed fixed my problem

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

This shouldn't happen all the time, please give us a chance to see what's going on, so we can fix it to prevent future occurrences. I've edited Greg's instructions out because we need to figure out what happened.

• CVJ
    CVJ
    Community Member
    Options

This started happening on one of my other computers I have 1Password installed on now. I can log in fine on one PC with my master password but now the same password will not work on this other machine I have 1Password installed on.

• MikeT
    edited March 2017
    Options

Hi @CVJ,

Thanks for writing back, does it unlock with the older master password? 1Password 6 for Windows at the moment does not support updating its local database password based on the first account's remote password changes. In other words, changing it on 1Password.com does not change the password in 1Password 6 for Windows apps. This will be improved in the upcoming 1Password 6.4 update.

That also means if you've changed the master password within 1Password 6 on the PC, it doesn't sync it to other PCs or the 1Password.com account. It's the local database password that was changed.

• CVJ
    CVJ
    Community Member
    Options

Yup that fixed it, glad 1Password keeps a password history list.

• MikeT
    Options

That's great, thanks for letting us know and we do apologize for complicating this matter. We'll get this fixed properly to be effortless to change your master password across platforms.

• angryoaktree
    angryoaktree
    Community Member
    Options

I've got the same issue -- I'm able to login to the website on the same machine, but not in the Windows app. Has anyone found a fix?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@angryoaktree: Thank you for reaching out! We are here to help.

First of all, could you please specify, have you changed your account credentials recently?

I think I know what is going on, so please send us a message to support+forum@agilebits.com and describe the issue in more detail. We will then provide you with further instructions.

Please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.